4

Gon leaned down and picked it up, then set it back on the table. Killua ducked his head. "S-Sorry…" Gon hummed slightly. "Why are you sorry?" He sat back down, eyes downcast. "I…didn’t pick it up, I'm sorry I should've done it myself-" Gon spoke over him. "Don’t apologize-", "That was concerning" Killua tensed slightly as Kurapika said that. He sounds mad! Killua ducked his head even further. "It won't happen again, I'm sorry" He mumbled. The three glanced at each other, shrugged, and started eating. Killua looked down at his plate of bacon and eggs. They…didn’t say I could eat. And…I misbehaved… He got a flashback of his boyfriend sliding his plate of food away from him. "ah ah ah~ only good boys get to eat. Tell me Kitty, were you good?" He looked down. "No…" His boyfriend nodded. "You'll make it up to me tonight, then you can have breakfast tomorrow morning" The memory faded, and he felt eyes on him. "Killua…you can eat"

He blinked, then glanced up with a slightly confused expression. "Oh…" Did I…not misbehave? Some things are different… but, he was told to eat. So, he would eat. Killua stabbed a fork into a piece of bacon and set it in his mouth, instantly his taste buds rejected it. It's undercooked… he made himself swallow, then glanced down at his plate. He took a breath, then ate another bite. It tasted awful, but he kept going. "Killua…are you alright?" Gon said, and he glanced up. "Mhm…" Kurapika frowned slightly,  but as he took a bite of the bacon he spit it out. "This is disgusting-" Leorio took a bite of his and made a face. "It's severely undercooked" Gon winced. "Whoops…" Suddenly his eyes widened, then glanced over at Killua. "H-Hey! Stop eating that!" He blinked, then set his fork down.

"Most of your damn plate's gone, why did you keep eating that?" Leorio said, in slight alarm. He shrugged. "It was on my plate…" He shifted slightly at their concerned faces. "Well the eggs are good" Leorio said, before scraping a little off his plate onto Killua's and taking his undercooked bacon. He nodded, then started eating the eggs instead. He blinked. This is…the most decent food I've had in…years. He ate a little faster, which didn’t go unnoticed by the other three. "So…" Kurapika said, after he was done. Killua sat up straight, crossing his legs and not looking him directly in the eye. "You mentioned…friends" He tensed slightly, then dropped his eyes further. "Mhm…" Gon shot him a look, but Kurapika ignored him. "Can you…name any of them?"

He kept his head down, and Gon put a hand on Kurapika's arm. "Kurapika, you're asking too much" He turned to Killua with a sigh. "What about…how many? How many of them were there?" Killua hummed for a moment, every single face flashing through his mind. "10…" Both of them shared a shocked look. "That's a lot…" Leorio muttered, and Gon made a worried noise. "What are their ages?" Killua blinked. "I…don't know f-for sure but…they were all in their 20s I think" He mumbled.

All 3 of their postures shifted slightly at that, but he wasn’t looking. "I see" Kurapika said, after a while of silence. Suddenly…Killua felt light headed. He put his hand to his head and breathed hard for a few moments while trying to keep his head from spinning. Not again… "Killua? You good?" Leorio said, in slight concern. He nodded. "Mhm…sorry" He mumbled the apology as he stood up, then hesitated. Gon smiled. "You can go" He nodded, then stumbled slightly as he exited the room and made his way to the bathroom.

"Oh god…" He said, a hand to his stomach as his head started to spin again. He leaned heavily on the sink, body feeling weak. Every now and again he'd get a wave of fatigue like this, usually accompanied by lightheadedness or in some cases nausea.  It had started happening about 3 years ago, he wasn’t sure what started it. Suddenly he got a strong wave of nausea, he covered his mouth as he tried to fight it. "M-Mh-" Killua's head swam, and he heard footsteps. "Killua? Are you alri-"

Gon gasped, then quickly lifted the toilet seat. Killua blinked in confusion, removing his hand. "I-I'm…I'm fi-" He suddenly retched, the contents of his stomach churning. His body burned, Killua's arms trembled slightly. T-This isn't normal, what's happening to me? Gon placed a gentle hand on his back. "Leorio! Killua's sick! Can you get me a washcloth?" he shouted. Killua blinked. Oh I'm…sick? Oh god… I'm gonna- his knees buckled as he brought that undercooked bacon he'd had about 30 minutes ago up, Gon held his hair back for him as he puked.

There were footsteps and suddenly he felt something damp on the back of his neck, Gon murmured softly as he kept hurling, occasionally flushing the toilet to get rid of the waste. Killua's trembling hands clutched the side of the toilet he was throwing up into as his stomach emptied itself. Gon sighed after he went about 20 seconds without puking again. "I should've made sure it was cooked first, you really ate a lot of it." He panted a little, body feeling weak. "I-I'm sorry" Killua mumbled softly, and Gon huffed. "Why?" He had a flashback to another time he'd gotten sick, his boyfriend had scolded him for ruining the carpet and locked him in a room for a few days until he got better. "For…getting sick"

Gon was silent for a few moments, before letting his hair fall and wiping his face with a damp washcloth. "I'm not mad at you for getting sick, it's not your-" He cut off as Killua gagged again, then dry heaved. Gon rubbed soothing circles on his back as another bout of nausea hit and he started vomiting again. He started getting more and more light headed, head hanging. He was barely keeping himself upright at this point, too out of it to be nervous or alarmed at Gon touching him. After about 5 minutes without hurling again, Gon turned him a little and started wiping his face again. He let out a soft whine, eyes falling shut.

"You're ok…you're ok" Gon murmured, continuing to rub circles on his back. "It's been nearly 25 minutes, are you guys alright?" Kurapika said, from down the hall. Killua flinched slightly, but as he tried to shift away from the noise he bumped into Gon's chest. Killua gasped, jolting away and accidently banging his head against hard porcelain. "Killua!" He scrambled backwards, eyes opening slightly as he tried to orientate himself. Suddenly he could no longer sit upright and slumped sideways, before slipping into unconsciousness.

1154 words