CHAPTER II

Thursday came around faster than Cameron expected, but she successfully packed everything she had (which admittedly wasn't much) and managed to drag it all to the private runway, where her ride and another woman were waiting.

"I've never been on a private j—" she began to say.

"Plane."

Cameron blinked.

The green-and-black-haired woman stared at back at her blankly, arms crossed and a cigarette sticking out of her mouth.

"...before..." Cameron said cautiously, frowning. "...Are you the pilot, Miss...?"

"Snake," the pilot replied simply.

Cameron almost scowled at her blunt tone, but opted to put on a curious smile instead. If I'm gonna be a counselor, might as well practice being friendly, she thought before gushing, "Interesting name! Does it mean anything?"

When the woman didn't respond, Cameron began packing her things onto the plane as she went on, "Because I have never heard of someone naming a child something like that."

The pilot removed the cigarette from her mouth and drawled, "Save the jaw-flappin' fer later, hunny. I don't wanna fly with a headache." She dropped the cigarette and stomped on it with a high-heeled boot.

"Oh!" Cameron exclaimed, startled by the vicious action. "I—I'm sorry! I'm just a bit anxious... going to a new place and everything, y'know?" She chuckled nervously, backing onto the plane.

"Sure." Snake put her hands in her pockets and ascended the boarding ramp. "Just put a sock in it 'til we get there." She rolled her eyes and muttered, "I tell ya, they get weirder every time I do this run. Hope she don't need no AC or nothin'."

Cameron exhaled as she sat down in the cabin, staring out the window. "I hope this was a good idea," she murmured, watching the city drift away as the plane taxied along the runway before lifting into the air.

-

KayCee's exaggeratedly-large ghostly form reclined on a cliff face, watching the plane soar by with a grin on her face and echoing Cameron's next statement.

-

"Wow!" Cameron exclaimed, making Snake grimace in the pilot's seat. Dang it! the latter thought. Left the cockpit door open. Stupid.

"I didn't this forest was so big!" Cameron prattled. "We've been flying over it for hours! It's, like... ENDLESS!"

Shut up... "Yeah," Snake snarled out loud, "why d'ya think it's called the f***in' 'Oceonica' Forest, huh? 'Cuz it's BIG! Now what'd I say 'bout talkin'?!"

Cameron frowned and prepared to apologize.

HONK!

Cameron jumped in her seat, surprised by the sudden burst of sound from outside. She turned to the window quickly—and gasped as all the colour drained from her face. "Oh... my..." she breathed.