Chapter 8 - Oblivious Traitor

This chapter contains: Vomiting, Mentions of bruises and bite marks

"Let's get you to bed" A husky voice says and them I feel two strong arms hook under mine and help me to my feet. I remember somewhere in my dazed state that Andreá helped me to the basin and let me rinse my mouth from the horrible aftertaste of vomit and then he led me to bed.

-------------------------------------------

Andreá POV:

After Vivianna ran out of the kitchen none of us knew what to do. "I'll go see if she's okay" I offer, getting up from my seat. When I arrive in her room, I see the bathroom door is closed and I hear retching. Luckily the door isn't locked so I open it, only to see Vivianna hunched over the toilet seat puking her guts out. I walk over to her and start rubbing her back, but she flinches slightly. It's a tired flinch, but nevertheless a flinch. Though I think she just didn't expect anyone to be here with her.

"Let's get you to bed" I suggest when I am certain that she has nothing left to throw up. I hook my arms under her arms and help her to the basin where I keep her sturdy while she rinses her mouth from the nasty aftertaste of vomit. Then I help her to her bed and tuck her in. The involuntary tears from retching have wiped some of her makeup off, and I can't wrap my head around it, why a beautiful girl like her wears makeup.

When I leave her room, all our brothers are standing outside, even Allesandro and Giovanni. So, these heartless and emotionless bastards do care. I internally laugh at their worried and curious expressions. "She's asleep now, but she just threw up. So, while we are at work, I expect you three" - I point to Allesandro, Giovanni and Giuseppe – "to check up on her every once in a while" They all just nod. "Understand?" I ask sternly "Yes" they say in unison, not sounding too optimistic, except for Giuseppe. "Good"

Vivianna POV:

When I wake up, I have the worst headache and my teeth feel like they have bushes growing on them. Wait, why am I asleep? I am supposed to stay awake, what if I had a nightmare? Maybe I did have a nightmare. I don't think I had a nightmare. "Hey, you're awake" I look over at the door to see Giuseppe standing there, with a tray in his hands. "Yeah" He walks into the room and places the tray on my bedside table. "I didn't know when you would wake up, but I got you some crackers, water and painkillers." I am stunned, why is he being so nice towards me? Isn't he supposed to beat me for throwing up or running off to my room?

"Thanks, I could do with the painkillers" For my headache, but most importantly for my ribs and the infection from my back and wrist. I go to grab them off the tray when he grabs my infected wrist, causing me to wince.

4.) Don't wince or whimper. I broke another rule... well half of the rule.

I don't miss the confusing glance crossing his features, but he doesn't comment on it. "You should first eat something before you can drink the painkillers." "Oh, okay" I say disappointedly and drop the painkillers. I guess I'll have to live through the pain then. "Aren't you going to eat?" He asks carefully. "No, I'm okay... the pain has subsided a bit" "That quickly?" He seems surprised, but I'm just thankful he doesn't see through my lie. "Yeah" I awkwardly laugh, but he just seems excited that I laughed. Wow, it really is easy to lie to him, he doesn't even notice my fake laugh. But I still hate lying – just for the time being I'll lie to hide the truth and then I'll stop.

Giuseppe still looks pleased at my fake smile when Giovanni walks in. He gives me a strange look – but what's new – before directing his gaze to Giuseppe. "Allesandro wants me to tell you to go clean up your mess in the gaming room." They have a gaming room? Wow, that's cool. "Why can't he just do it?" Giuseppe whines, but still makes his way towards the door. "Because you made the mess" Giovanni says in a duh-tone. "Okay, alright... I'll see you later Vivianna. Oh, and I wanted to tell you, you should smile more, it makes your eyes stand out." And then he's off to clean the room.