Chapter 12 - A fairytale or a reality monster nightmare?

This chapter contains: Mentions of Death, Abuse, Nightmares, Degrading words, Panic Attack.

I guess they are different.

----------------------------------------------

Vivianna POV:

I don't take a shower, because Lorenzo put cream on my back barely a few minutes ago and I don't want it to go to waste. I just quickly get dressed into pajamas, wash my face, and brush my teeth. And just to feel cleaner I take a wet cloth and wipe my arms and legs with it (being mindful of the bandage I still haven't taken off from my stab wound on my leg, since the night I got it – mom's death night - and the bite mark on my wrist), before snuggling into my blankets. I am so tired that I doubt there's enough battery for my brain to produce a nightmare, so I succumb to the darkness of sleep. 

Lorenzo POV:

When I get downstairs, everyone is sitting in silence waiting for me to join them. "I told her to sleep" I say, sitting down next to Andreá. "We need to talk to her; you can't just send her off to bed like nothing happened!" Allesandro yells. The nerve of this guy. "I told her we are all going to talk about it tomorrow... when she's well rested" I say calmly, glaring at Allesandro. He sighs, but I know he knows I'm right – she needs rest. "How are her injuries?" Luigi asks. "She has a small pneumothorax, but it's not critical, so I just gave her a dosage of oxygen, and with rest and time it will heal. Fortunately, none of her ribs are broken, they're just severely bruised. Then the "cuts" on her back" I pause a bit, shaking my head. "There are faded words, like scars, on her back... words like sl*t, b*tch and slave and then the infected cut was the words "disobedient little girl". Obviously, these go with mental abuse as well, so we'll have to be there for her, make her feel comfortable and show her that she can trust us." I explain, throwing a glare in Allesandro and Giovanni's direction every so often.

Though I must admit that Giovanni has a certain way with our sorellina. He hasn't necessarily been mean to her, I think he just irritates her because he cares too much and she's not used to it – not that caring is a bad thing. After explaining everything to them, we agree on settling everything with her tomorrow. We want to know what went on in that house. In her life. We want to see how we can help her and make her live the best life, a life she's never had. We drift from the topic onto things about the mafia, shipments, targets and then we move onto lighter subjects, such as partying, cooking, hobbies and so forth.

The conversation dies down a bit and we all get ready to go to bed when we hear muffled voices coming from upstairs. Everyone on high alert, we check to see if our guns are on us and then make our way upstairs. We check each room thoroughly, but when we come to Vivianna's room we hear talking coming from inside. Luigi gestures for Giovanni and me to stand on both sides of the door and infiltrate as soon as he opens the door and then the other three will follow.

When we enter, we see her thrashing around in bed, struggling against the blankets. The wrinkles between her eyes are prominent from a frown, her forehead is sweaty, her tears are streaming, and she is mumbling incoherent sentences.

Vivianna POV:

"You b*tch! You are the reason your mother was killed. If you would have just taken what Jack wanted to give you, she would still be here!" he says kicking my stomach and ribs, over and over again. "And not to mention the fact that my brother-in-law is now in jail thanks to your pathetic ass, running around snitching. You would have made everything better, for everyone, if you were an obedient little sl*t and was willing to take Jack's punishments." He keeps on kicking me and I lie there taking kick after kick.