Chapter 15

Quick question before you start reading.

I've actually finished the book over the weekend. Meaning the rest of the book is just sitting in the drafts. So my question is do you want me to only post two chapters a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays until the book is done, or just post all of them at the same time and you read at your own rate?

Enjoy the early chapter tic tacs!!

Tyler's pov:
Amelia has been taking care of the kids for Raven and I. Because she's never had grandkids until now, and because she says we need a break.

"Hey Tyler, have you seen Raven?" Dan asks as he pops his head into the office he's letting me use. Thankfully my boss is letting me do work from here, he's very understanding of our current situation.

"Last I check she was in the bedroom we're staying in. Why?"

Dan frowns. "Because I haven't seen her for several hours, and she's not in your bedroom."

I shut off my laptop and stand up facing Daniel. "Well let me look for her."

I go to our bedroom look around. Yeah, she's not here. I'm leaving the closet when something catches my eye, a little box. I grab it and look at the contents. Two are missing.

I temporarily abort finding Raven as I go back to the bathroom and search all the cabinets. I've just opened the drawer Raven puts all her feminine stuff in, and see the two little missing things. I grab them and look at them. Positive. I close my eyes and open them again to make sure I'm not seeing things, and when I still see the two little red lines, my heart stops. My wife is pregnant? I put the pregnancy tests back where I found them, knowing good and well I'd have to talk to Raven. Who knows how long she's known. It's not like I'm mad or anything, quite the opposite in fact, but I'm just worried.

Raven had several complications during her pregnancy with the twins. There's a reason we call them our little miracle babies. There was a very very low chance of Raven being able to even get pregnant let alone birthing a kid. So now she's pregnant again, who knows what type of complications she could have now. And not to mention she's still paralyzed. I have no idea if that could affect her or my unborn child. Whatever happens, I know I'll do everything in my willpower to keep them both safe, along with the rest of my children.

Moving on from the fact my wife is pregnant and didn't tell me, I go back to actually trying to find my wife.

Ok, I can't find Raven. Daniel and I have looked all around the house and yard and can't find her anywhere. I'm starting to get a little worried, but I'll just call her and this will all be cleared up in a jiffy.

So she didn't answer her phone. She probably didn't get to it in time. I'll just call her again. She'll I'll up this time.

"You've reached Raven sorry I'm not available right now. I'll call you back... Or maybe not. Bye!"

"Raven, you need to pick your phone up. Ok hunny, I just wanna know where you are. Daniel and I can't find you. Call me back, or just wait for me to call as soon as I hang up. I love you, baby."

Third times the charm.

"Raven, I'm getting worried now. Call me back right now."

Fourth times the charm...?

"Raven Short, when you finally call me back we will have a nice long talk about the importance of picking up your phone. Ok? Love you, hun. But seriously pick up your phone."

"Tyler, just wait a few minutes then try again. Maybe she's like having a conversation or something." Dan says.

Yeah... maybe she's in a conversation. Definitely.

*48 calls later*

"The person you're trying to call has a full message—"

I hang up dropping my phone onto the couch. "She's missing. She's gone and we are never going to find her." Dan says as he starts pacing. "I just find my daughter and she's gone again!"

I grab my phone and call Dax. Maybe Raven's with him for some strange reason.

"Tyler?"

"Dax where's Raven? Is she with you?"

"Why would Raven be with me? I live at Zane's house if you don't remember. Why?"

"Doesn't matter. Just call me if you see her."

Maybe she's with Angel. They are best friends.

"Tyler, wassup?"

"Is Raven with you?"

"Uh no. Why?"

"I can't find her. Is she with Easton?"

"No, I'm with Angel cuzzy." Easton says through Angel's phone.

"We'll call you if we hear anything. But Ty?" Angel says.

"What?"

"Do you think it's Steve?"

Without saying anything I hang up the phone. He doesn't have my wife. He can't. He'd probably kill her. Steve can't find us here...... but that's exactly what we said before he tried killing Raven and Keely.

"9-1-1 what's your emergency?"

"Hi, um my wife is missing. I know you can't really do anything until she's been gone for like 24 hours, but if you call the police department in Dover, Delaware you'll see how they have an arrest warrant for a Steve Chappell. He's wanted for attempted murder on my wife and youngest daughter, first-degree physical assault, and a broken restraining order. We've had to move multiple times because he found us, and he also found our cellphone numbers. We've just recently moved again, but I have no doubt he could've found us again."

"Ok sir, I'll send two officers to your house and send out a notice for a missing person."

"Ok, thank you."

The operator stays on the phone with me until the two officers get here, then they both ask questions to me and Dan. Asking if we have any idea of where she is and if we think it really was Steve and if we have an idea of when she went missing.

"Ok, I'll need a description of your wife please." Officer McCormick asks.

"She's like 5'2" 5'3", medium-length brown hair, she has green eyes, she's more on the pale side, um... she has a rounder face."

Officer McCormick nods. "Ok, any medical information we need to know?"

And that's when I remembered finding the positive pregnancy tests I'm the bathroom.

"She's pregnant." I whisper feeling like my world is slowly crumbling. "She's pregnant and she's most likely with the psycho who's been threatening to kill us."

"Daddy?"

I turn around and see the boys looking at the police officers and Amelia standing g there with wide eyes holding Keely.

"What's wrong?" Chris asks. But by the look in his eyes, he probably knows it has something to do with Steve.

I'm trying to figure out how to tell the kids what's going on without scaring them when my phone rings.

"Raven?!"

Sick laughter rings through the phone instead of my wife's voice telling me it's all a misunderstanding.

"How have you been Tyler?" Steve's satanic voice sounds through my phone as black spots dance across my vision. The very man who almost killed my wife, who happens to be paralyzed from escaping him and also pregnant, now has my wife. There's a voice in the back of my mind, telling me I'll never see Raven again, nor will I ever see our unborn child.

The last thing I hear is the faint crying of my wife, followed by a muffled scream before everything goes black.

*****
..... cliffhanger.....