Chapter 18

Tyler's pov:

"Raven, wanna talk to Tyler?" I hear Steve ask Raven. Steve only called to remind us we have less then an hour to find Raven. Little does he know we're currently on call with a S.W.A.T. team and officer McCormick is on call with an FBI agent.

"Aw Tyler! You're wifey doesn't want to talk to you. How sad!"

Raven doesn't want to talk to me? Understandable. She probably doesn't to break whatever strength she has left by listening to me pleading with her to just hold on a bit longer. So it's too bad I'm still going to do that.

"Steve, please just let me talk to her. I don't care if she doesn't want to talk to me."

"Fine. But only because I want to watch her break under your magical spell."

I wait a second before I hear Raven whispering to Steve.

"I am not talking to Tyler Steve. Get the phone away from me."

Steve laughs sickly. "Too bad sugar. Tyler go ahead and talk, she can hear you now."

"Raven, I know you don't want to talk to me. But I just wanted to tell you I love you one more time. I promise we'll come get you love."

"Woah hold your horses Tyler. Don't give her false hope. If I know one think it's that I'm very good at not being found. You won't find us. You'll never see her again!"

Steve hangs up, and I run a hand through my hair. She'll be fine. We'll be getting her real soon. She's at the warehouse, we know that much. We get the S.W.A.T. team to go and get her, it'll all be ok. Who cares if we only have about 30 minutes to do that. We'll make it. We'll get her.

...
Raven's pov:

"Raven!!" Steve yells making my eyes snap open.

"Stay away sugar. Sleeping on a concussion is bad for you dear."

I roll my eyes, but keep them open despite just wanting to sleep. I know there's a very good chance I won't wake up if I go to sleep.

"Here, drink some of this water sugar." Steve says handing me an unopened water bottle. "It'll help make you feel better. Can't have you passed out when I put an axe in your head!"

I grab the water bottle and struggle to open it one handed. My one arm with a dagger still in it hurts too much to move.

Steve sighs and grabs the water bottle from my hand and opens it for me. "You're pathetic darling."

I take small sips of the water, and I do feel just a tad bit better. But I still feel seconds away from dying.

"Let's watch some funny YouTube videos while we wait shall we?" Steve pulls out his phone and sits next to me as he plays some try not to laugh YouTube video. But I don't watch it. I'm watching the clock. Watching it slowly tick down, just waiting for Steve to kill me.

"Raven! You're supposed to be watching the video! I'm trying to make the last few minutes of your life better! You're so ungrateful!" Steve gets up and grabs a baby axe, and stabs it into my good arm's shoulder, making me cry out in pain. Warm thick blood slides down my arm, along with a few stray tears.

"You wait here while I go get my axe." Steve grumbles as he walks away, leaving me sitting here.

I don't even try to pull the axe out of my arm, if I do I'll loose even more blood. And I can't afford that. But it hurts so bad. I swear I can feel the baby axe stuck in my bone. My eyes slowly start getting more and more heavy.

This is it. I'm dying. I failed to keep my baby safe, I failed everything. But maybe once I'm dead Steve will leave my family alone. Or they'll find him and put him in jail. That's what he deserves. Well he really deserves to just die. All I want now is for Tyler to not see me until my funeral. When they patch me up and make it look like I wasn't tortured to death. Tyler can't handle this.

Steve comes back just in time for his alarm to go off. Signaling it's now 7pm. And they haven't found me, meaning Steve gets to kill me.

"Bye bye Raven!" Steve laughs and everything goes black.

...

"You may now kiss the bride." The minister says, and Tyler wraps his arms around my waist as he kisses me.

That's it, we're officially married. I'm now officially Raven Mira Short. I'm no longer tied to my abusive family. Things can only get better from now on.

"Hey Rae, you know I love you, right?" Tyler says grinning as wide as the moon.

"Of course douchebag. I love you too." I say rolling my eyes at Tyler.

Tyler's parents and his sister Anna come over to us as we walk to where the reception is being held aka our living room. We just held our wedding at the small walking park across the street.

"You look wonderful in your dress Rae." Anna compliment.

"Oh thanks."

"Was that your mother's?" Tyler's mom asks.

"Uh no. Just mine." I say smiling at her.

While I'm glad to be away from my crazy abusive house, which I've been away from for a while thanks to Tyler. I'm a tiny bit sad they couldn't be here to see how happy I am, no thanks to them. And I think I little part of me wanted my parents to be here, to wear my mothers wedding dress, to have my father walk me down the aisle. But it's fine. I can't have everything.

"I'm going to be around for our kids' weddings. There's no possible way I could leave them before that." I declare to Tyler once we're alone again.

Tyler kisses the side of my head. "Why would you even think you wouldn't be there for their wedding. You'll be there for all five of our kids' weddings."

"Five kids?!"

"Yep. You knew what you were getting into by marrying me. Five babies. Five weddings you'll have to go to."

"Yeah. Five weddings for our five kids."

*****
THE END

Jk. I can't do that to y'all. I'll just leave it on a cliffhanger again.

....cliffhanger #5....