02.) Hogwarts Express

I met her father more than enough times to realize that he was one of those wizards who shouldn't be messed with

I met her father more than enough times to realize that he was one of those wizards who shouldn't be messed with. Knowing that all he wanted was for his daughter to be happy, it was why he is still very much a close friend to this day.

HOGWARTS EXPRESS

September 1st 1938,

Despite the fact that there were hundreds of muggles surrounding her, pushing and shoving loudly trying to arrive to their own platforms, Andrea's hearing was muffled due to the fact that her sole focus was on how fast her heart was beating.

The shivers of anxiety and nervousness almost swallowed her into oblivion.

She watched as her siblings and mother passed through the barrier, a sudden urge to throw up as it came to her turn.

The last time she had been here was when her eldest brothers were attending Hogwarts for the first time but she never went through the barrier.

Noticing her doubtful expression, her father nudges her with a small smile. One that was solely reserved for her alone.

“Perhaps you were right papa. Maybe it would be best homeschooling for me.” The girl smiled, turning to walk away from the platform, her arm being caught by her father.

“My sweetness, as much as I would like for you to stay with me. You must attend, can’t stay an old maid now can we.” The man was chuckling at her pained expression, she was so much like him it was slightly frightening.

“We’ll go together.” With a large smile, her father grabbed her trolly before pushing it along with Andrea whose eyes shut tightly as they passed through. A weird sensation washing over andrea. A new but not uncomfortable feeling.

“Open your eyes now.” The site in front of her was breathtaking.

Families much like the muggles, rushing to board their train. Kids running around with the friends, large smiles on their faces.

“Woah!” Andrea’s eyes were nearly popping out of her head, her head rushing as she looked everywhere too quickly. 

As the two Dawsons walked closely together to the boarding area, they ignored the looks they were receiving from onlookers.

Not once had they seen the man pass through the barrier, perhaps for his first born sons. He arrived at the muggle entrance with Andrea in his arms but this was completely different.

The man in front of them, a man that always had a scowl and cold eyes, now with warm adoring eyes and a charming smile as he spoke to the small girl in front of him.

As he helped Andrea place her belongings in the loading area, he couldn’t help but frown. His littlest flower was leaving him.

“Now my sweetness. This is where I must leave you.” Her bottom lip quivering, a small pout forming on her mouth.

“What if no one likes me? What will I do then?” Her voice came out in a sad whisper. Her insecurities are growing larger in her heart.

“Impossible my sweetness. Who wouldn’t love Andrea Eloise Dawon?” Her father kneeled before her, pulling out his pinky finger. “Now do you promise to write to me every single week. Well mostly?”

Wrapping her pinky around his, Andreas face lighting up with a large breathtaking smile. “I promise to write to you every single week, if i don’t make any friends.”

Giggling as her fathers face turns to offense before launching herself to embrace him. Not realizing her family were watching them hug each other. “I’ll miss you!”

The man before them almost shedding a tear as he watched the young girl wave a small goodbye to her father.

Joseph watched as his daughter turned away, gripping her kitten that had just been in her overly large pocket.

Turning to his wife and children, the warm light now leaves his eyes as well as the smile. “I expect all of you to look after her. If anything happens to her it will be your responsibility and I will hold you all accountable if such happens.”

Before his children could speak, he allows his wife to grab ahold of him then apparates them away.

___________________________

As Andrea walked past many of her peers, her face was now facing the ground. She quickly found an empty compartment, luckily because she was too nervous to ask to sit with someone else.

For a short time she was alone reading her muggle book, storm in her lap.

Without her knowing, A boy had taken a double take, noticing the pretty girl sitting by herself reading a book.

A soft knock brought her out of her daze, looking up to see a cute but awkward looking dark haired boy staring into her blue eyes.

“Do you mind if I were to sit here? All the other compartments are.” She smiled softly, nodding her head yes before returning back to her paragraph.

“My name is Tom Riddle.” The boy smiled at her, a smile he didn’t think he had the courage to give anyone. “Andrea Dawson. A pleasure to meet you.”

The pair sat in an awkward silence before Andrea finally spoke up. “Do you know which house you expect to get sorted into?” His silence was to cherry on top of the rootbeer float. He hadn’t the slightest clue what she was going on about.

“Are you Muggleborn?” His expression remained the same. Clueless. “Muggleborn?” The professor kind of just dropped the bomb before leaving him.

“A muggleborn is someone who was born to two non-magical parents.” She then further explained as he questioned her on her status.

“I am what is called a pureblood.” Once again she went briefly into detail. "A pureblood is someone who has both magical parents. Then there's Half-blood. Half bloods are witches or wizards with one magical parent while the other is non-magical or in a lot of other cases, other creatures, such as giants or veelas."

The rest of their journey was spent with their small chatters, mostly Andrea introducing the wizarding world to her new friend, only being interrupted when a woman came in to offer them sweets.

Obviously Andrea coughed up some galleons before offering some of her sweets to Tom. A boy who seemed to have never tried any sweets before. Tom wasn’t that much of a fan of chocolate frogs.

When all sweets came to an end, Andrea swiftly grabbed her case that had magically appeared into her compartment, grabbing out her robes.

“Better get changed into our robes before we fall asleep.” With that she walked out of the compartment, towards the closest facility. By the time she returned, Tom had changed into his own robes and was playing with her kitten, storm.

Soft snores escaping her as she fell asleep against the soft comforter. A small smile appeared on the boy as he gazed at the kind girl who gave him more than anyone had ever before.

Friendship and sweets.