03.) Table full of em'

I would never forget the way he gazed at her

I would never forget the way he gazed at her. Even when they first met, he was absolutely taken by her. Even if I had only known the boy for a short time, I knew that that was a smile that would never leave his face. Not when he was with her.

Table Full of Dawsons

September 1st 1938,

Andrea woke to the soft shakes of Tom Riddle as he told her that they had finally arrived at the Hogwarts platform.

Storm was already gone when she awoke so she didn’t have to worry about him.

Together they walked closely next to one another as they exited the train, looking ahead to see a rather ancient man wearing a large purple and gray robes, standing at the end of the platform.

With all first years, he motioned them to follow him as he spoke in a delicate manner. “Welcome first years please if you will follow me.” Everyone followed closely behind him, arriving near a black lake. Small wooden boats in front of them.

“No more than four to a boat please.” Andrea’s eyes were swept onto the beautiful skeleton-like creatures that were attached to the carriages before she was pulled away by Tom who helped her get into the boat carefully.

The older students moved along having another way of getting to the castle, all chatting amongst their friend groups. The boat ride was a once in a lifetime experience and it was something they would never forget. Their transportation was a carriage being pulled by magic but to those who had actually witnessed death could really see what they were.

Thestrals. Beautiful but terrifying. Andrea didn’t know exactly how she could see them, maybe a past pet.

“Onward.” The man in the robes motioned and they were off towards the castle.

During the boat ride, she was accompanied by Tom and two rather noisy boys. Ignoring the two boys, Tom and Andrea sat in silence, their eyes gazed on the magical castle in front of them.

The feeling dread filled the pits of Andrea's stomach making it harder for her to concentrate. All of them watched as a castle came into their views, it was absolutely breathtaking to say the least. Sure Andrea had heard of the stories from her father but hearing about it and seeing it, were two very different things.

The sight of her new home gave her hope of her new adventures to come, a sense of comfort. Something her father has only been able to give her. All her nervous thoughts and doubts were washed away at the sight of this beautiful castle.

Maybe it wouldn't be as horrible as she imagined.

___________

With Tom close to her side, they both gazed up at the large doors, that anxious feeling was back at the bottom of her stomach.