Chapter 3

3 weeks later
Tuesday
May 28th, 2013

Penda POV
I am proud to say that I officially graduated 2 weeks ago on May 18th, 2013 so yes I am class of 2013. Now the only thing I am worried about is going to college and getting my bachelors degree so I can be a doctor.

Why do I want to be a nurse? Because I've seen a lot of sick people who dealt with doctors/nurses that really didn't give a damn...

Don't get me wrong, that's not all doctors. Because it's a lot of doctors that truly do everything they can to heal their patients.

But some of them on the other hand are only there for the money and that's it...

And I wanna be the one to break the cycle.

My boyfriend on the other hand is still interested in all of this acting stuff. Didn't recognize he was calling my name until the last minute.

"Huh? I'm sorry..." I apologized. "It's fine. What were you thinking about?" He asked me making eye contact. "My future... about how I want to break the cycle." I spoke. "Break the cycle? What cycle???" He really hasn't been listening to me.

"Leon how many times have I told you I want to be a nurse or doctor so I can break the cycle?" I reminded him. I can't believe he forgot.

"Oh yeah yeah that cycle my bad." He remembered. "Leon" I called out. "Yeah?"

"Are you going to college?" I asked him. "Yeah, For acting. I feel like if I take acting classes it can really improve my skills." He spilled. I nodded, he was right. "Mmm, I agree" I told him as he pulled up in my yard.

He had actually picked me up earlier and I spent a few hours at his house. I told him I had to leave a little early because my sister is coming back from college. She is actually a college grad too.

When she comes back down here today, she already has her own house and everything. Plus, she will soon start her dream job as a lawyer. I'm happy for her and can't wait to meet her after not seeing her in 6 months.

"Tell your sister I said hey" he said. "I will" I told him. We gave each other a peck on the lips.

"I love you" I said. "I love you too" he replied. "And call me when you're not busy anymore." He added. "I will" I said as I got out the car.

Walking up to the porch and opening the unlocked front door I entered my home. I was met with both of my parents in the living room.

"Hey sweetheart" my daddy greeted. "Hey dad" I replied. "Hey baby girl" my mother greeted. "Hey mommy" I spoke like a 5 year old child.

"When will Taja get here?" I questioned. "She's about an hour away" my dad answered. "Ok." Was all I said. "How does it feel to graduate?" My mom asked me. "Feels good. I'm getting older and becoming an adult..." I explained.

"You still want to be a teacher?" My father wondered. "Of course" I replied. "I'm glad you have dreams. Keep those dreams and chase them you hear?" My mom told me. "Yes mom"

"We already have one successful child. It will be great to make it two, which means all. It lets me and your mother know we did a great job raising y'all ain't that right baby?" He spoke to my mother. "That's right" she said. They started kissing. This wasn't just a peck but it was like an on-going kiss. Tongue and all. "Ummm" I trailed off as I cleared my throat. Catching their attention, they stopped.

"Did y'all forget I was right here?" I asked them. Seeing both of your parents kiss is totally gross. And just by the face I was making they could tell I thought it was nasty.