Chapter 21

Don't forget to vote! And comment if you have any thoughts 💭

The same day.

April 26th, 2021

Later own that day..

4:10 PM

"Dirty Work."

Dashon POV
I walked my daughters outside to see their mom. They hugged her once they seen her. "Hey guys, any homework?" She asked them. They shook their heads no. "Okay, go wait in the car for me." She ordered. They did as told.

"What's up with you?" She said with attitude. "What are you talking about?" I asked her. "Oh, so you think I don't know?" She said getting offended. That's when I caught on.

"Oh... you're talking about me and Penda." "Mhm. Dashon what's up with you? Y'all ain't been together for that long. And yet here you are about to marry this woman. You really need to slow down." She told me. I frowned up at her.

"Who do you think you are?" Like seriously, who does she think she is? She really got the nerve to be questioning me.

"I'm just looking out for you." She tried clearing up. "Well I don't need you to look out for me concerning Penda. I know what I'm doing." I rejected her. "Okay... if you say so." She said as in if I'm making a mistake.

"Yeah, if I say so." I sassed. She walked away and got in her car and then she drove off. After she left, I sat outside on my porch. I figured that this would be the right time to call Will.

Phone call:

Will: Shon
Dashon: Hey, I need a favor if you don't mind
Will: Okay
Dashon: Do you have me on speaker phone?
Will: No
Dashon: Are you by yourself ?
Will: Yes
Dashon: Okay.. my sister killed her baby daddy and she needs help getting rid of the body
Will: What!? Why did she do that?
Dashon: He was trying to hold her hostage. She stabbed him in his chest out of self defense
Will: Damn. She ain't think about calling the police?
Dashon: Nah she ain't want them involved.
Will: Shit, then what you need me to do?
Dashon: I put his body in the car of his trunk. At midnight, ima drive it into the lake and let that bitch sink. I just need a ride back home after I do that
Will: You.. don't want to bury him?
Dashon: Nah. Plus I need to get rid of that car... and when you let a car and a body sink to the lake, chances are the police will never find it.
Will: Okay, I'll help you.
Dashon: Thank you
Will: What time?
Dashon: uhhhh 2 AM
Will: Alright. I'll pick you up and drop you off by the church and let you walk to your sister's house the rest of the way. After that I'll meet you at the lake and take you home
Dashon: Sounds good
Will: Alright man, call me when you ready
Dashon: I will

*end of conversation

Ciera POV
I'm outside waiting for the bus to drop my son off along with other parents. Khalil usually gets off the bus around 3:30-3:35. It is 4:20 and he still hasn't got here.

"I'm about to call the school." I said frightfully, pulling out my phone. "No need. I'm sure the bus is just running late." A lady assured me.

"Possibly. But I want to be on the safe side." I said. While dialing the school's number, the bus came around the corner. I sighed out of relief and put my phone back in my pocket.

I waited for the bus to stop and got my son off the bus. We finally got in the house and I shut and locked the door.

"Mommy, where's daddy?" He asked in that cute little innocent voice of his. My heart broke into a million pieces. "Daddy had to leave." I lied.