Chapter 10

Chapter 10,
"Crossing The Line."

January 11th, 2021

5 days later....

Third Person's POV

So Dashon did get a dna test and the results came back 99.9% he is the father of both girls thank God. Of course after the results came back Lauren had her "I told you so!" Moment. It was annoying as hell but he was and still is happy to know he is the father of both of those girls.

If he would've heard the opposite... only the lord knows how he would've reacted. Speaking of the girls, they only have two more days left with him.

Right now it's morning time and the kids are at school. It is also Penda's first day of work.

Riding in the car with Dashon in the drivers seat and Penda in the passenger seat, her mind wondered off.

Wondering about how will today go? How much will she like this job? Can she really take all of the pressure from the media once they find this all out? Just a lot.... Which made her stress.

Stopping at a red light, Dashon looked over at her noticing her mood.

"Hey." Hearing his voice she gave her full attention to him. "You're going to be fine." He encouraged. "Will I?" "You will. Stop thinking of the worse. That's how you end up manifesting for the worse to happen." He spoke.

"Yeah. Easy to say but hard to do." She replied.

The light finally switching, Dashon gave the road all his attention. "Penda?" "Hmm." "What are you really scared of?"

"Huh?" That caught her off guard.

"What are you really scared of. Are you scared of your personal business getting out there or are you scared of what people may think of you?" He questioned.

"Both." She stated. "It's crazy because some of his fans look up to me more than they look up to him... and to have his fans hate me or to be known as this divorced woman who once lived a lavish lifestyle but now since she's not married anymore she's 'poor'... Shon I don't want people to look at me that way."

"Penda.. fuck them people." He tossed. Not knowing that she would get offended.

"No."

"No? What you mean no?" Dashon is really confused. I mean who would say no to not giving a fuck what a person has to say.

"Because Dashon, if it wasn't for those people I wouldn't be the person I am today. So no it is not fuck them." She let him know.

"Alright, my apologies about that one but my point still stands. If these people actually care about you, they will support you with or without him. Plus once they find out the reason behind all of this, a lot of people are going to be on your side." Dashon said.

"A lot of people?" "Yes, a lot. I can't lie and say everybody is gong to be on your side because they're not. Sadly some people think they know everything and some are just dumb as fuck." He said.

"But regardless of who's on your side and who's not, just know that I am on your side and you can trust me." He reassured her.

"I know, You've told me over a million times." She said jokingly.

He chuckled. "And I will continue to tell you until you remember." He made clear. She smiled.

"What made you be so sweet to me?" She questioned. "What do you mean?" He wondered. "Because, majority of people would be looking for clout or money or both but... you're just different. You're really here to help and I wonder why." She told him. "Because that's just the type of person I am." He stated.