Chapter 15

Content warning for sexual abuse

When Carlisle heard Jacob's voice on the other end of the phone, he knew immediately that something had happened. When he was told what had occurred, and who had taken Nichole, his eyes went wide. "Jacob, he was telling the truth. But we weren't just keeping Nichole until he could get back on his feet. He abused Nichole severely."

Jacob cursed under his breath. "I shouldn't have let her go off with him."

"It's not your fault, you couldn't have known. I'll be sure to let you know once we find her." Carlisle hung up, running a hand through his hair. It just seemed to be one thing after another, didn't it? If Nichole wasn't being stalked by a psychopathic teenager, then she was being kidnapped by her equally psychopathic father.

When Carlisle informed the rest of the family on what had happened, Alice was beyond confused. "I don't understand, I should have seen this happening."

"I'm going to kill that bastard," Emmett growled, his hands clenching into tight fists.

"We have to find him first," Edward said quietly. "And that's going to be a task in and of itself."

"It would be a lot easier if we had the help of a wolf, but they already helped us find her once, and I don't think that Sam is going to be willing to help us again," Carlisle said as he shook his head. "So that means that we're going to have to take care of this ourselves."

"We need to hurry," Esme added. "There's no telling what he's going to do to her."

"Why does he even want her?" Jasper asked. "I thought that he hated her."

"It's a show of power." Rosalie piped up. "He wants someone that he can use and throw around because it makes him feel powerful. When Nichole left, he lost that power."

"There's three motels within a twenty mile radius of Forks," Edward added. "My guess is that he and Nichole are holed up in one of those motels until he can get on the road again."

"We split up then." Carlisle decided. "Rosalie, you and Edward take one motel, Alice and Jasper will take another. Emmett, I want you to come with Esme and I to the final motel. Hopefully, we can find her before he hurts her."

Nichole's father shoved her into the small motel room, pushing her down onto one of the beds. "You thought that you could run from me forever, you little bitch?! Thought that rich bastard could keep you safe?!"

Nichole was frozen with fear, not daring to utter a single word.

"You're going to wish that you were dead by the time that I'm done with you!" He picked Nichole up by her shirt, shoving her against a wall. "You look just like her, you don't deserve to look like her! You're the reason she's dead!" He pushed her to the ground, hovering over her, and the look in his eyes seemed to change completely. "It's amazing how much you look like her."

Nichole stared at him, wondering what he was going to do next, and that was when she heard him unbuckling his belt.

When Edward and Rosalie pulled into the parking lot of the motel that they had been assigned to by Carlisle, there was only one other car in the lot.

"She's here," Edward stated. "I can hear her thoughts, she's scared out of her mind, and her father..." he growled lowly. "Her father's thoughts are purely sexual, about how much he loves to have her squirming underneath him."

It didn't take supernatural hearing to hear Nichole's screams. Edward broke down the motel room door, and he tackled Nichole's father off of her. Nichole had been pinned down to the ground, her clothes in shreds. Rosalie grabbed the blanket off of the bed, covering Nichole with it before covering the girl's ears with her hands so that she wouldn't hear the sound of Edward snapping her father's neck.

"Rosalie, get Nichole out to the car while I dispose of him."

Rosalie scooped Nichole up, the younger girl clinging to her tightly. "Ssh, it's alright." Rosalie tried to soothe her, although she knew that things were going to be anything but alright. Nichole was in for a lot of pain, and there was a lot of trauma that she would have to deal with the repercussions of.

Rosalie tried to lay Nichole down in the backseat, but Nichole refused to let go of her, so it ended up with Rosalie sitting in the backseat with Nichole in her lap.

Edward arrived back around fifteen minutes later, and the smell of burning flesh was ripe in the air. Edward didn't say a single word as they drove back to the house, and when they arrived, they saw that everyone else had already returned.

"I'm going to clear everyone out of the house except for Carlisle and Esme," Edward stated. "I don't think that it's a good idea for Nichole to be surrounded by too many people right now."

Carlisle ushered Rosalie into the study, and she laid Nichole down on a small couch.

"We won't have to worry about her father anymore." Edward stated, and Esme looked at him. "Edward, what did you do?"

"What had to be done. I heard his thoughts. SHe wasn't Nichole, wasn't his daughter. In his mind at that moment, she was his damned wife!"

"He said that I looked like her." Nichole whispered, and Carlisle kneeled down beside her, taking her hand as she continued. "He said that I didn't deserve to look like her. And then while he was...you know, he called me Rachel. Rachel was my mother's name."

Carlisle sighed. "You know that what happened is not your fault. Your father wasn't right in the head, but that's not your fault, what happened to your mother is not your fault."

"I know." Nichole bit her lip. "I know that it's not my fault, that there was something wrong with him, but that doesn't make any of this better."

"I didn't say that it would. I'm not going to lie to you, you just went through something extremely traumatic, and that means that you're going to have to deal with the repercussions of it. But we're going to be here for you, each and every one of us, and we're going to help you through this. Rosalie, can you help Nichole get upstairs? I'm sure that she wants to get a bath and get herself cleaned up."

Rosalie nodded, bringing Nichole upstairs. "You know, you're taking this a lot better then I thought that you would."

"Oh, I'm sure that I'll be a bawling mess once the shock of things wears off."

"Nichole, I know what it is that you're going through right now, I went through it myself. If you need anything, someone to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, I'm here for you."

Nichole smiled softly. "Thank you. Um...do you think that you could get a bath ready for me? It kind of hurts for me to move right now."

"Of course I can." Rosalie got a warm bath started, adding some lavender scented essential oils to the water to try and help Nichole relax a little bit more. She then helped Nichole to get into the bathtub, and Nichole winced at the pain she was feeling between her legs.

"I'm sorry. I'm trying to be as gentle as I can."

"It's not your fault, I imagine that I'm going to be feeling like this for a few days at least. Um...what did Edward do with...his body?"

Rosalie was silent for a minute, wetting Nichole's hair before gently scrubbing some shampoo into her scalp. "He probably dumped the body somewhere he thought that people wouldn't discover it before burning it."

"But what if they do? What if they do discover it and discover that Edward's the one who killed him?"

"I don't think that they're going to. For one, we don't have any fingerprints."

"You don't?"

"Since we're technically dead, we don't have the oils in our skins that people would to make fingerprints appear, so I think that Edward is safe. Now, you just relax here for a little bit, okay? I'll come back in before the water gets cold to help you dry off."

Rosalie kissed Nichole's head before she left the room, leaving Nichole alone with her thoughts.

Nichole sighed as she leaned back, resting her head against the edge of the tub. How had her father managed to track her down to Forks, and how had he known that she was with the Cullens? These were questions that she didn't know the answers to, but she would get those answers, one way or the other.