Chapter 59

Nichole woke with a groan, the world slowly coming into focus around her. Looking to the side of her, she saw Jacob sitting in a chair, holding a small bundle wrapped in a blanket.

"Is that..."

Jacob stood up and went over to the bed, a big smile on his face. "We have a little boy."

Nichole stretched out her arms, and Jacob placed the baby in them, making sure to be careful of her injuries.

"He's so precious," Nichole whispered as she stared down at him, the baby staring back up at her with wide eyes. "What's his name?"

"I haven't given him one yet, I was going to wait until you woke up."

"I think that Mason suits him."

"Mason...I like it."

"And I want his middle name to be Billy, after your dad."

Jacob started to tear up a little at that. "I'm sure that he'll love that." He murmured, pressing a kiss to the top of Nichole's head.

"Do you think that we'll ever get to go back to Forks?"

"Once Carlisle deals with Aro, I'm sure that we can."

Nichole frowned in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"He had a look that I've never seen before, Nichole. He looked angry, he looked like he wanted to kill Aro, and that's what he's going to do."

"No, he's going to get himself hurt!" Nichole sat up, regretting it immediately as she felt pain in her side.

Jacob put a hand on her shoulder, carefully pushing her back onto the bed. "He's got things under control, Nichole, and it's not like he's going to be by himself. The others are rounding up vampires from all kinds of different covens, they're all going to war, to take care of Aro once and for all."

"Jacob, it's not like everyone is going to help him. I'm just a human, why would they all help him?"

"Because in one way or another, they all dislike or hate Aro. Especially the Romanians."

"Oh, I forgot about those guys...yeah, they would jump at the chance to put an end to him."

"See? They're going to be able to put an end to Aro, once and for all."

Nichole sighed softly. "I hope that you're right."

It only took them a couple of days to round everyone up. The Romanians had been the first to sign up, which didn't surprise Carlisle in the slightest bit.

"Thank you for coming, everyone."

Everyone was milling around in the living room, and they all stopped when Carlisle began talking, looking at him.

"You all know why you're here." Carlisle had his hands clasped in front of him. "Aro needs to be stopped for good."

"It's about time that someone put a stop to him." Stefan piped up. "Even if it took a human for you to see it."

"I didn't do anything to Aro before because it goes against my morals." Carlisle sighed softly. "But the fate of my daughter is at stake here."

"Why do you care so much about a simple human?" Tanya asked. "It isn't like her fate would put the whole world at stake. She isn't even one of us."

"Not according to you, Tanya, but according to me, she is my daughter and a part of my family. You did not have to come if you were not planning on helping us."

"We are helping you as a favor, Carlisle. Nothing more and nothing less."

"Nichole is important to a lot more people then just the Cullens." Benjamin piped up. "She is important to Amun and I as well, and she was important to Tia."

"Yes, and she got Tia killed, didn't she?" Tanya snapped.

"Enough!" Edward shouted. "We do not have time to bicker, every second that we waste is another second that Aro is closer to finding Nichole again. Now, if you don't want to help us protect Nichole, then there's the door."

It was rare that Edward got angry like that, and it made Tanya go silent.

"Now that the fighting is done, we must make a plan on how to infiltrate Aro's stronghold." Carlisle stated. "Any ideas?"

"I don't think that sneaking in is going to work." Amun said. "They are going to discover us eventually. I think that the best thing to do would be to burst in through the front door, take them by surprise."

Carlisle slowly nodded his head. "Does everyone else agree with this plan?"

Everyone else in the room nodded their heads as well.

"Very well. Tomorrow at dawn we will strike. Everyone get some rest, go and hunt if you need to, we all need to be at our best. If you go hunting, go in small groups, stick with your covens."

"Wonderful." Stefan said, rubbing his hands together. "Finally we needn't worry about the Volturi after tomorrow."

"Let's hope not." Carlisle said in a grim voice. "Because if we don't succeed tomorrow, then they're going to coming after each and every one of us."