Mumbling

The next day, the only thing class 1A saw was a flash of green. Izuku Midoriya was unresponsive and ignored all his friends and teachers. His eyes were blown wide and he was vibrating in his seat.

Fidgeting with his hands.

Legs bouncing on the floor.

And a goofy grin on his face.

Mineta and Kaminari had tried to break Midoriya from his trance by making slightly perverted jokes. However no one was uncomfortable because it was blatantly obvious they were commentating the weirdest, most harmless things.

"Yo why is a grape green and small but a watermelon is green and big. They should be called small green balls and big green balls--" Mineta said, watching as his words had no effect on Midoriya.

"Yo--wait do watermelons bounce?" Kaminari contemplated his words.

Jiro scoffed from behind them, their conversations are so stupid.

Jiro tried to gain Midoiriya's attention by lazily waving her hand, yet to no avail.

Midoriya had entered a fit of incomprehensible mumbling. He was too far gone. They had to get the big guns.

Uraraka and Iida were summoned, afterall they were two of his closest friends. Having heard the class's call to action, Uraraka slowly made her way over to the greenette and tapped on his desk. She wanted to know if he was genuinely okay, since this behavior was unusual.

Unusual specifically for him.

Iida, however, didn't agree with disturbing Midoriya. He felt that if something this severe was on Midoriya's mind, the the teen should be able to mull it over. Then, if he wanted to alert his friends, they would be all ears.

Uraraka was also unsuccessful, and came back to their group with a pout. "Nothing worked. And I don't want to touch him and get him startled to the point where he freaks out."

"Indeed, it is wise not to touch Midoriya, he seems to hate affection when it is sudden and unexpected." Iida pursed his lips, chopping his arms slightly and looking over at their doe-eyed friend.

Suddenly the bell screamed at them, signaling their dismissal. An extremely loud crash was heard before a green blur ran out of the room. Mineta's jaw dropped, and Kaminari's eyes were blown wide. Jiro had jumped at the sound along with Mina and Aoyama. Sero had whipped his head around so fast, he felt as if he had whiplash.

Momo and Shoji walked up to Iida and Uraraka who were shocked to find the desk in its side.

Midoriya had bolted from the room so fast, he tipped over the desk in the process. Wherever he was headed, he sure was in a hurry.

Momo paused, putting her hand on Uraraka's shoulder. "Is he okay?" She whispered.

"I'm...not sure." The chatter in the room trailed off as the students stared off in utter dismay.

Midoryia burst through the Class 1-C dorms, backpack in one hand and something else in the other.

He ran up the stairs and into his friend's room. Bursting through his best friend's door, Midoriya toppled forward. Shinso jumped at the loud bang of his room's door smashing into the wall. Slowly looking up from his desk, he made eyecontact with the exhausted form of Izuku Midoriya.

Midoriya threw his backpack on the ground and lifted his notebook high in the air. "I have it! I brought it!" He yelled, slamming Notebook No.14 on Shinso's desk. The greenette's eyes shining with glee and the corner of his lips lifted into a smile as he caught his breath.

Shinso smiled at his close friend--and only friend in a way.

He had asked Midoriya last night if he could help Shinso train to enter the hero course. Aizawa was his new mentor after the Sports Festival, and together they practiced hand-to-hand combat. But hand-to-hand combat didn't satisfy Shinso.

If I want to be a hero course transferee in the new semester, I have to strengthen every aspect of myself. Quirk included.

So he called someone he knew would help with quirk-related questions: Izuku Midoriya.