Four

It was the fourth day after the collapse. Powerloader was having a harder time than usual cracking the machine.

The heros were becoming more downcast as the days dragged on, though they still cleared as much rubble as possible.

Aizawa had a headache once again.

People can only last three days without water.

Dehydration.

The thoughts clouded his mind as he continued to guide rescue heros so they could continue to work diligently on the building.

Aizawa looked at the heros on the street. The new shift was arriving and warming up their bodies and quirks. Aizawa glanced over at Power Loader who was still messing with all the wires and using his computer to read off the codes in the machine. Sometimes he deleted or added something.

Aizawa sighed, looking at the mass of rubble behind him that had yet to be cleared.

He felt as if he was on the edge of a mental breakdown.

Shinso and Midoriya.

Midoriya and Shinso.

Two of his most promising students.

Both of them lost and trapped.

Bakugo's hands were bloodied. His knuckles were cut open with red sadness seeping down his fingers.

Bakugo doesn't cry often, he tends to find environments unsafe when there is a sense of unfamiliarity to it. A sense of something missing.

His home wasn't safe. Inko was bunking at their house since the Bakugo's lived closer to the building that collapsed. That meant his parents were constantly helping Inko cope. Katsuki couldn't watch people cry. It made him feel as if a mellowed fire was burning in his chest.

There was a fire, yet no heat.

It was orange, yet had no inner yellow.

It was, in essence, still fire. Yet it would never burn quite properly.

Bakugo didn't like seeing people cry. Bakugo didn't like crying at home.

The dorms weren't save either. Everybody had changed over the four days since the raid. Especially since Jiro, Hagakure, and Kaminari had returned to their rooms without Midoriya.

The three had come sometime in the middle of the night, probably to avoid being overwhelmed. But each of them had went to their rooms promptly without stopping. Bakugo only knew this because he had just gotten back to the doors from the gym. He had seen their downcast expressions as they shuffled through the doors silently.

And he had waited for them to leave before he went to his room.

UA wasn't safe to cry whatsoever. Two students were missing, one a hero course and the other a general education. Both had been wild contestants in the Sports Festival. Heck, they had even fought each other.

Not to mention they were extremely close friends and often trained together. Bakugo was not blind when he saw them across the gym, training and talking and analyzing together.

And now everyone was mourning their disappearance.

Subconsciously mourning the unsaid idea that the two were dead.

Bakugo did not belive things he could not see or have evidence for.

Currently he was angry Deku and Eyebags were trapped in the building. But he was more angry at the fact everyone around them had given up and began thinking the two were dead. Long gone.

It was infuriating because Bakugo knew Deku. He knew Deku was so freaking stubborn. He knew Deku wouldn't be taken down by a simple building. He knew Deku would survive.

The nerd had survived this far. It would be a joke to be taken out now.

And he had help, Eyebags was there. That meant both could make it out.

Bakugo knew Deku.

And Kacchan knew Deku would survive.

As soon as PowerLoader started hollering, Aizawa knew he had at least found a way to stop the device.

He smiled softly, afterall this was a small win. Once his shift was up, he would go to Nezu to watch the cams. Hopefully the costume cameras worked...

A ding erupted from Aizawa's pocket. He glanced at the Rescue Hero's below. They were currently cleaning out debris from what seemed to originally be a bedroom. He quickly grabbed his phone from his back pocket.

Speak of the rat, it was Nezu.

Nezu: Come to UA immediately.