(10) Laughter

I rinse off my face after another long day of working on the Madrigal's house. I look at myself in the mirror. I still couldn't believe all that had happened today...I pushed past my fear of talking to people, we found Mirabel, and... I kissed Camilo's cheek. My face turns pink at the thought. I quickly bring a towel to my face to dry it.

I walk back into my bedroom, where a second mattress was now set up for Mirabel to sleep on. Both Dolores' and Mirabel's mattresses took up the majority of my already tiny bedroom, so it was becoming a challenge trying to get to my bed without stepping on the mattresses. As I walk into my room, I notice Mirabel whispering something to Dolores. When she notices me walking in, she quickly stops and grins awkwardly at me. "Heeeeyyy (Yn)! What's up?" She tries to casually ask.

"I could ask you the same thing. What's the big secret?" I ask.

Dolores and Mirabel glance at one another. Mirabel gives her the same death glare she used during dinner a couple of nights ago to keep Dolores from spilling the beans about the magic. Dolores stands up and smiles. "Well since you ask...the secret is this!" Dolores throws a pillow at my face, and it hits right on.

I look at the pillow at my feet, then at a shocked Dolores, and then at Mirabel who was trying to stifle her laughter. I slowly pick up the pillow. "Oh, it's on."

I throw the pillow at full force towards Mirabel who gets hit in the stomach and starts laughing. "Pillow fight!"

The three of us start throwing pillows at each other and bouncing from mattress to mattress. I smack Dolores on the head. Mirabel throws a pillow at my chest. Dolores manages to hit Mirabel's back, causing her to fall over onto the mattress. Dolores and I begin beating Mirabel to a pulp with pillows, and she eventually throws her arms up in defeat. "Okay, Okay, I yield!" She giggles. Dolores and I are celebrating our victory when a cushion hit my head from behind.

I whip my head around and see Camilo standing there, a smug grin plastered on his face. "Nobody gets to have a pillow fight without me."

We all smirk at one another, and just like that, our pillow fight is sent into overtime. Pillows go flying across the bedroom, as we all dash around like madmen.

"Take that!"

"You're so going down!"

"Sucker!"

I pause for a moment to catch my breath when Camilo's pillow knocks me to the floor. He quickly climbs on top of me, pinning me to the ground. "What are you going to do now, Señorita?" He cheekily asks, smacking my face with a pillow. "Surrender!"

"Never!" I dramatically yell, trying to push Camilo off of me.

Camilo smirks and hits my face with his pillow several times. We're both laughing by the time he stops. "You ready to give up? You can never defeat me!" He laughs maniacally. I look over his shoulder and grin when I see Mirabel and Dolores, slowly creeping up behind Camilo, pillows in hand. Dolores puts a finger over her mouth, telling me to be silent.

"I think you forgot about one tiny thing, Cam," I smirk up at him.

He grins back down at me. "And what's that?"

"US!" The girls exclaim, smacking both sides of Camilo's head with their pillows.

Camilo falls forward and lands to my side. The girls and I all burst out laughing, and Camilo joins in a few moments later.

"Now that, was fun."

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

:-:Third Person POV:-:

The next day, the town was back to work on constructing the new home. The Columbian sun shined bright, the birds were singing, and everyone was in a cheery mood. While the townspeople were occupied with their tasks, Mirabel was able to grab Dolores and Isabela and pull them aside to a spot where they couldn't be seen or heard. "Ladies, it's time that we intervene." Mirabel announces to the two.

Dolores raised her hand.

"Dolores, you don't need to raise your hand. this isn't school." Mirabel sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Why are we hiding in the bushes?"

"We need to talk about 'the thing' we talked about last night."

"Ohh."

Isabela crosses her arms. "What's going on?"

"You know (Yn), right?" Mirabel asks.

Isabela ponders the name for a moment. "Is she that girl with (Hc) hair that's always around?"

"Yup! We're going to set her up with Camilo." Mirabel grins, rubbing her hands together. "It's pretty obvious that they both like each other, so I think it's time we give them a little nudge in the right direction."

"It's honestly pretty painful to watch." Dolores says with a nod of her head.

Isabela sighs. "So, what does this have to do with me?"

"Well..."

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

:-:(Yn)'s POV:-:

"Mirabel, I really don't need to take a break."

"No no... you've been working waaayyyy too hard." Mirabel says, patting my shoulder. Mirabel had pulled me aside earlier and told me that I needed to take a break after how much I've been helping. despite my objections, Mirabel insisted and wouldn't stop nagging me until I finally caved. So now, Mirabel and I were walking through the jungle so Mirabel could show me some 'amazing' thing. Whatever that means.

I sigh. "So where are we going anyway?"

Mirabel smiles and pulls back a giant leaf that was blocking the path. "Here."

I gasp at the sight. We were in a small clearing in the jungle, that looked magical. A gap in the trees allowed sunlight to trickle into the clearing and onto an orange rug spread out on the forest floor. A basket full of food was resting on top, and there was a sparkling waterfall that led down into a small lagoon that glistened as the sun hit it just right. The faint sound of birds singing could be heard, and colorful butterflies fluttered around the area.

I suddenly hear a familiar voice. "Geez! there's no need to push, Dolores!"

I notice Camilo and Dolores coming down a second path. Dolores was dragging Camilo along with her, to which he objected. "I should be helping the others with Casita, not taking a break!"

Dolores and Camilo notice Mirabel and me. Dolores gasps when she sees us. "Mirabel! (Yn)? What are you doing here?" She asks in a not super convincing tone.

"I was taking (Yn) on a break when we found this clearing. What a coincidence that you're here too!" Mirabel exclaims.

I notice Camilo roll his eyes, so I smile at him, causing his cheeks to turn a light shade of pink.

I tune back into Mirabel and Dolores' definitely-not-rehearsed conversation. "Oh my! I think I hear Abuela calling!" Dolores exclaims.

Mirabel looks at Camilo and me. "Dolores and I better go see what's up. Why don't you guys hang out here for a bit?"

"Do we have a choice?"

"Nope." Dolores replies.

Camilo and I watch as the girls run back down the path, leaving us alone.

Camilo places his hands on his hips. "They totally planned this."

I cross my arms. "For sure."