Epilogue

:-:Six Years Later:-:

Camilo wraps his arm around me. He could tell how nervous I was. I'm pretty sure everyone can tell how nervous I am.

I look over at my cousin-in-law, Mirabel. She kneeled and was holding the brightly shining candle. She looks up at me and winks. I bite on my lip in worry, and I didn't realize how aggressively I was biting it until I could taste a bit of blood.

Camilo leans his face close to my ear. "Calm down, love. They'll do great."

I nod as I look down at our beautiful twins. María and Mateo. Identical in looks, but opposites in personality. María was an outgoing ball of energy, while Mateo was shy and quiet. Mateo nervously glances up at me with his wide (ec) eyes. I put on a reassuring smile for him.

Mirabel stands up and nods at the twins. The two walk to their doors and stand in front of them. Camilo rubs slow circles on my back to try and calm me down.

María and Mateo place their small hands on the doorknobs, and the doors light up with magic. The crowd gasps as we wait in anticipation to see what gifts the twins were given. María examines her hands. "Nothing's happeni-WHOA!" She exclaims. We all gasp when we see small red flames light up the palm of her hand. Camilo and I run over to her and hug her.

"Great job!" Camilo congratulates.

I stand up to check on Mateo and smile at what I see. Small butterflies made out of water were fluttering around Mateo's head. He smiled and laughed. "Did you make those, Mateo?" I ask, kneeling down next to him.

He nods his head, as he waves his hands around, controlling the butterflies' movements. I smile as Camilo kneels down next to me and puts his head against mine. "I told you. These two can handle anything." He kisses my cheek. "...just like their mom."

"Don't sell yourself short." I say, gently elbowing him.

María plows through us as she runs to her brother. "Mateo!! Look look look!" She exclaims, showing her twin her fire powers.

Mateo's eyes widen when he sees her ability. "Woah..." Mateo shows off his water butterflies and smiles.

María smiles and laughs. "You have to show me how to do that!"

Camilo and I smile. We both knew the next generation of Madrigals could do anything.

~~~~

Hi everyone!

Congrats for making it to the end! (Unless you just skipped here)

Thank you all so much for reading this book! I know I keep saying this, but your support means so so so so so much!

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that this came out exactly two weeks ago, and this story has 16k reads. I honestly never expected this book to make it this far. You guys are so supportive and your kind and funny comments always give me so much motivation to keep writing.

(If you don't believe me, this book was supposed to end with chapter 13, but somehow through your support, I managed to bust out two extra chapters lol)

So anyways, that's why I want to give an extra-big thank you to you! Yes you! You are an amazing person, and you mean so much to me! So give yourself a round of applause because you're the one who inspired me to keep writing.

Anywho, thanks again! 💛🧡

Yours truly,
Emma