(14) Remember

:-:Three Years Later:-:

:-:Camilo's POV:-:

"Okay so everyone knows the plan, right?"

Camilo sighs. "Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"You want to propose to (yn) in the most romantic way, don't you? That's literally what you told us." Mirabel says with a sigh.

"Well yeah, but...what if she says no?" Camilo asks, pulling out the velvet box with a beautiful engagement ring inside. He opens it up and stares at the ring. He can see his worried reflection staring back at him through the diamonds.

"Trust me, Camilo. Nothing could go wrong" Mirabel says reassuringly.

"Why do you always try to set couples up?" Dolores asks. "First Mariano and I... then Camilo and (yn)...and now you're doing proposals?"

Mirabel chuckles and pats her shoulder. "Well, you see dear Dolores, I was given a gift. The gift of matchmaking!" She says with a wink.

Luisa rolls her eyes. "That is not your gift."

"Don't worry, I'll get to you soon," Mirabel says with a smile.

"Can we get to the task, please? It won't be long before (Yn) gets here." Camilo says, sounding annoyed.

"Okay, okay! Ready?" Mirabel asks, sticking her hand in the middle of the huddle. everyone places their hands on top of one another's.

"3...2...1...(yn)ilo!" They all exclaim together, yelling the ship name Mirabel had made up.

Everyone runs off to their designated spot for Mirabel's elaborate proposal scheme. The idea was 'simple' as Mirabel had said, but any bystander would think it was anything but that. To sum it all up, Camilo had planned a date with (Yn) where they would take a quiet walk with each other through the forest. The walk would end at the clearing where the teens had first confessed their feelings to one another, with Camilo getting down on one knee and asking his girlfriend to marry him. Mirabel had planned out the finer details, such as where the other Madrigal grandchildren came into play. Isabela would be waiting at the top of the trees, so when Camilo kneeled down to propose, she could make rose petals gracefully float down from above. Antonio was waiting in the bushes, and once the rose petals started falling, he would send a flock of brightly colored birds flying overhead. Luisa would be patrolling the area, making sure nothing that could interfere with the perfect proposal came near. Lastly, Dolores would be listening to the sounds around her to alert Mirabel if anything went wrong.

Simple.

Camilo stood at the edge of town, waiting for (yn) to show up. As he saw her approaching, he did a quick breath check and smoothed out his shirt. His cheeks turned pink when he saw her. (yn)'s (hc) locks had small flowers braided into them, and a butterfly hairpin was pinning back a stray bit of her hair. She was wearing a long (fc) skirt, and a white off-shoulder top, with butterflies embordered on the sleeves, thanks to Mirabel. She looked just as beautiful as she did three years ago. The girl smiled when she saw Camilo, and quickly walked up to him. "Hey, Cam! How's it going?" She asks.

"I-I'm good!" Camilo stuttered. He could hardly form the words.

"Are you okay? You look really red. Are you sick?" (Yn) asks, placing her hands on his cheeks to feel for a temperature. "You don't have a fever."

"Never better! Just r-really excited for our date!" Camilo quickly exclaims.

(Yn) looked skeptical but shrugged her shoulders and began walking down the trail with Camilo. As they walked and chatted with one another, Camilo kept nervously glancing around, feeling worried that something would go amiss. "Are you sure you're, okay? If you aren't feeling well, we can always come back another day." (yn) asks, looking up at Camilo with a concerned expression.