CHAPTER XIX (19)

CHAPTER XIX
Solana

   "Fucking look away," Kane barked at his friend while I scrambled to lift the towel off the floor.

   My hands were clammy and shaking so much that the towel nearly fell from my grip three times before I managed to wrap it around my body. Even though I was now covered, my heart was pounding a mile a minute.

   Once I made sure the towel wouldn't slip away, my head snapped up, only to see that Kane had covered my body with his. I felt myself sagging in relief when I saw him concentrating over his shoulder, where the intruder likely stood.

   "Sorry man," the man laughed deeply, only for me to notice it belonged to Logan. You've got to be kidding me. "The guys were getting impatient, so I came inside to see if you were alright."

   "I'm fine," he gritted out. "Go make them wait. I'll deal with them later."

   "About that... they're actually in the house. I opened the front door for them when I didn't hear any yelling."

   Kane lifted his arms, and I jolted in surprise when he caged me against the wall. He flattened his fists next to me, and despite the darkness, I saw his veins pop out as his muscles rippled. I had to forcefully swallow.

   Shifting my gaze elsewhere, I tilted my head sideways and saw Logan's bulky body idling by the top of the stairs. Our eyes met instantly, and his smirk widened with sick satisfaction.

   I stuck up my nose, and he chuckled.

   Kane noticed, and tensed up even more. "Go downstairs," he growled. "And don't let them touch anything. I need to take her to her room."

   "I can walk by myself," I said impassively, which finally got Kane to turn in my direction. His nearly black eyes rewarded me with a glare.

   "You are not walking downstairs, half-naked, when all my teammates are in your living room." His voice brokered no room for argument. He pushed himself off the wall, but didn't stop covering me as he looked over his shoulder. "Go."

   Logan chuckled, clearly amused with the turn of events, but nonetheless, he finally listened to Kane's order. My ears perked at the sound of him stomping down the stairs, the tension in my shoulders finally releasing when it was just Kane and I.

   My head sagged, only for it to land on top of a hard chest. I didn't have it in me to push away from him.

   "You okay?" He asked gently, touching the hair stuck to my temple. I physically had to bite back a shiver when his calloused fingers started lingering on my jawline.

   I nodded slowly and inhaled before pushing myself in an upright position. "Let's go."

   The softness in his expression died, as if he was remembering of what we'd have to do right now. Although, I couldn't help but stifle a chuckle as we started walking downstairs, him doing his best to shield me. I could barely see the living room, let alone the people standing inside it. But their murmured voices were enough for me to know that the freaking Tiger's were in my house.

   Jon was going to have an aneurysm if he found out.

   Kane quickly opened my bedroom door, ushering me in to go first. I took a few steps inside and turned on the light to look around. The first thing I noticed was the open window, but that wasn't what got me gasping.