Chapter 3

Legolas pov

I opened the door to her cell and I turned her on her back and she groaned in pain. I picked her up bridal style and ran with my people and it looked like we had finally reached sunlight, when the sun hit my face it warmed me and I enjoyed it once more.

Guard-who are you carrying, my lord?
L- this girl has been trapped in there for 3,000 years and no one noticed?
G- but who is she?
L- her name is Val, but beyond that I do not know.

I place her on top of a rock an bring the horse over, we place her in front of me so I would ensure that she didn't fall off, her head was rested upon my chest and her breathing was fairly even. Half way through our ride to Rivendell, we decided to make camp and I volunteered to take first watch. about two hours in of first watch I hear her jolt awake, and I sit by her for when she wakes up.

V- what, how , where am I?
L- my trackers found me and I refused to leave you behind, but you were unconscious the entire ride today.
V- thank you so much! This is the first of seeing the moon in a while, it is as beautiful as I remember that it once was.

Val pov
I awake to a starry night but I think no am dreaming but soon realize that Legolas is in my dream , which he should not be. I saw him and he explained what happened while I was out.

V- thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

I yell and wrap my arms around his neck now so happy. I feel him relax a little and return the hug while I look up at the sky in wonder. I realize that his arms are around my waist and I get embarrassed and I feel my cheeks become hot and I slowly let go and continued to stare up at the sky with happiness finally occupying my soul once more. I lay back down and fall once more into a deep sleep, nightmares of my previous life.

I lay there and I sit up and realize that I am in the middle of a large room with candles, ancient books and an altar in front of me with a figure right in front of it but his back was turned. I was about to get up and walk toward the door when I felt paralyzed in my own body and the person lifted his head. He turned and I saw the king of a agmaur look at me with confidence.

K- do you think that you could escape without me noticing?
V- you can't seem to let any one happy, can you?
K- that's not how it works, but you and your little elf friend will never defeat me and I will take your powers for the destruction of middle earth!

He starts toward me and next thing I know his hand is at my throat choking me when my vision stared to go black and...

I wake up with two hands on my shoulders and a blonde elf standing above me. I calm down a bit when I feel the warm sunshine on my face and I slowly get up and walk to the nearby river to wash up in and I kneeled to it. As I splash water up on my face I get a quick flag of a punch in the gut and the sickening feel of blood going up my throat and out my mouth. I gasped and once again had to regain my sutroundings. I put my head in my hands and cried, but knew I would get back to my family and all things that I love. I dried my eyes and made my way back to camp where Legolas helped me onto a spare horse that they traveled with for its owner was killed by the first ambush. I got onto the black horse and rode along side the others and toward Rivendell.

As we neared the glittering city, it was already dawn of the next day for we rode through the night, and our presence was notified to Lord Elrond.

Elrond- welcome prince legolas, what brings you to imadris?
L- I have returned with news of an Orc prison run by The King of Agmaur.
E- ah I see, shall we send troops to attack?
L- no we took care of it, but I have someone I would like you to meet once more.
E- ah who is it!

I slowly get off my horse from the back of the group and walk froward toward Lord Elrond, and bow my head to him.

E- is that... no...Val? My daughter?
V- father, I have come home

As the words left my lips he ran up and hugged me tight as if I was going to disappear again from his arms. I see three more elves walk down the steps and I recognized them as elladan, ellrohir, and arwen, my siblings.

Everyone gasped as I said it was me and they trampled me and my brother, elladan lifted me up and twirled me around to show how excited they all were.

E- you must tell me what had happened in there and how I can help
L- I can also aid in information.

Everyone except the elf guards stepped into a sitting room to discuss the issue.

E- Elrond
E- elladan
e- ellrohir
L- Legolas
V- val
A-Arwen

E- the king, is assembling an army?
V- yes, he is also very talented with magic and tortue.
E- do you have personal experience, val?
V- that can be a conversation for another time, legolas.
E-where is this base, and when do we take it down?
A- hold on elladan, they just said that there is an entire army that is there to attack at any second.
V- wait... father, where's mother? I haven't seen her since I got here, she will be so excited!
E- dear... about that...your mother was captured by orcs after Arwen was born and tortued to the point when we found her she couldn't stay in middle earth any longer. she left to the grey havens 1,000 years ago. I'm sorry.
V- what? I can't beli... excuse me please.

With that note I ran out and to a dock down at the bottom right on the lake that imadris sits on. I sink down to my knees and leaned against the dock pole next to me. I felt tears run down my face as I thought about how I never got to say goodbye to my mother before she left and to think it was because of the orcs. I jumped when a hand appeared on my shoulder and I looked into the eyes of Arwen who was smiling, but it was a sad smile. we talked and she caught me up on anything and everything that had happened while I was gone as far as major good and bad things. after she showed me to my room and I tuned the water on in the bathroom for I needed one desperately. I undressed and slowly lowered myself into the tub of warm water and soaked in the pleasure of being clean. My thoughts wandered to thoughts of my mother.