Chapter 11

Val pov

I leave Legolas and walk back to my room. I lay back down but stay awake for another four hours until the sun rises. Around 9:00a.m I was summoned to the kings court and I got ready.

T- ah, val welcome. let us walk.
V- of course, what is it that you summoned me for?
T- well, as you know your father and I were going to set you and Legolas up in an arranged marriage.
V- yes, though I did not think that Legolas would have feelings for me but I can tell that tauriel is someone important to him.
T- indeed, he cares but more as a sibling for you but we have no other options to give either to you.
V- with all due respect, I would like I put this off until we find a way to get rid of the king of Agmaur. if I may say myself.
T- of course and that gives you more healing time as well.
V- my king, though I must go to the healers for my wound if I may be dismissed.
T- you are dismissed, lady val.

I walked out and to the healers but I thought about having to marry Legolas and rule mirkwood. it was true, I was the only one he could marry. to be honest I wasn't ready for that. I don't even view him as anything as a friend anyway. he likes tauriel and she understands him better. they would make a perfect match for mirkwood. To really think about it, i never thought about marriage, heck i thought i would never make it out of the dark prison. Then to marry the Prince of mirkwood, was even more absurd. I kept running those through my head while they cut stitches, placed herbs and finally finished restitching it once more. I now could walk without the help of the cane. I walked down to the furthest level down and it was a shore on the small river that flowed beneath. I put my feet in and just sat there for it was so very peaceful.

I start back and I remember that tonight is the celebration of moonlight. a monthly party that everyone attends.my usual maid has become my best friend. her name is melody. she is super funny and has gotten to know my style quite well. I passed her on my way to my corridor and asked her to help me which she gladly agreed.

I opened the door and closed it behind me. I noticed a note on my wardrobe and I pulled it off and read it.

Dear val, you don't have to wear anything too formal because I know your style. I remember you telling me that you could dance, would you like to dance for the party? If you want to, I had the dress maker personally make something for you, but you don't have to wear it. see you at the party and I will lead you at around 7:00.
Legolas

I looked at the first outfit and it was a long red skirt with small cut on the left side. and a top that went mid down ribs. same color. I actually really like it and would be happy to wear. I change into it and it fit perfectly. melody came in and awed at my outfit.

M- it fits you! It looks so good!
V- yeah. can you help me get accessories for me?
M- yeah.

She pulled a gold anklet, armband and braclet. she then took my circlet and pulled 3/4 of my black hair through it so it sat on my head and curled the ends of my already wavy hair.

M- wow,you look amazing
V- thanks I just have to remember how exactly to do the dance.