Chapter 4

A face of a woman with long, blonde hair, and bright blue eyes stared down at me as I played with my little carving of horse that I played with it as it rode up into the air. when the rain, thunder and lightning came I huddled with her under the blanket.
"It's ok, darling, I will always be right here next to you. I promise.

I came back to the real world when I realized that I was still in the tub with my thoughts. I got out and wrapped myself in a towel. I got changed into a royal blue dress with gold embroider and a gold circlet that was placed on my head. I walked out bare foot with my original outfit and found a maid to wash if she could. she smiled at my kindness and simply stated that she would place it in my room as soon as possible.

I looked over a balcony and felt so good to be home when I saw a messenger, ride urgently through the gate and toward my fathers court. I descended the stairs in a rush toward my father when I accidentally run into Legolas and he apologizes quickly.

L- I apologize lady val
V- legolas, we spent four days together in a prison, you can still call me Val.
L- very well, I shall be leaving soon though so I hope we meet again before I depart.

I nod my head in respect and continue my path now strangely sad because we had become freinds. I made it to the room and my father was reading the letter that came in and his face was stone still with worry. I came to his side and he smiled that I can tell is fake.

E- how are you my dear?
V- good. just different after sleeping on rocks and the hard floor for 3,000 years.
E- speaking of you should probably get more sleep for you must be exhausted.

I agreed but decided not to go strait to bed and instead explore a little more. I wandered around and found a hall with at the very end the broken shards of Narsil that was broken at the battle for the ring. they have sat here, I have heard for many hundreds of years. I doubt that anyone would remake it for there is no reason. There is no king of Gondor to hold it as he leads his army into battle. I retire to my room and fall into the marshmallow bed and fall asleep.

I awoke with no nightmares and I believe it is imadris that is protecting me from the evil. I changed into a emerald green dress and made my way to breakfast which was held in the dining hall. I join the others and take my seat on the right of elladan and across from legolas.

E- how did you sleep val?
V- for one time in several thousand years, nightmares do not plague my dreams or every time I close my eyes.
L- my men and I will depart tomorrow at first light, if that is through with you my lord.
E- of course legolas, leave when when you please for your company is enjoyable here in imadris.

After that small talk we finished the meal and I grabbed a bow and traveled to the archery range where most everyone practices. upon arriving I saw Legolas pull back the string and let go along with after four arrows, all hitting the center of the target. I continued walking and scared him by placing my hand on his shoulder. he jumped and turned only to relax upon seeing me.

L- val, you startled me.
V- my apologies but you shoot perfectly, do you mind giving me some tips?
L- of course val.

I took the first arrow and aimed carefully and ended up right in the middle, then the next five ended up there as well.

L- I have nothing to say, but wow.

I smiled and took out my knives to stab the dummy, which I stabbed, slashed and decapitated it. suddenly the caving from the king in my side burned as if it was on fire, and I dropped to my knees and clutched my side. I saw Legolas running toward me and I wrapped one arm around his neck while he used his arm and put it at the curve in my waist to prop me up and I leaned my weight on him and he lead me to the healers room. I was put on a bed and they undid my dress and placed on trousers and a blouse. they lifted up my blouse to see the cut surrounded by black skin as if an infection was underneath my skin. I felt their hands over the wound with herbs and my skin was on fire again. I screamed and screamed and felt Legolas squeeze my hand while helping to hold me down. my vision escaped me and I plunged into darkness.

I was in a dimly lit room with one door and no windows. there were chains blocking the door and I was chained to the wall. I saw an Orc come inside and pulled out a knife meant for killing. it carved the eye an eye into my arm and I screamed out and just when it couldn't get any worse...

I opened my eyes and noticed and white ceiling and I noticed someone beside me. I looked over to find my brother ellrohir. I squeezed his hand and his gaze lifted to me and he hugged me for what seemed like forever. once he let go I walked with him to my father and other siblings.

E- oh my darling, are you ok?
A- val! Thank the eldar your ok!

They all surrounded me and after a while, I noticed that Legolas was missing.

V- where is legolas, father, I wanted to thank him once more before he left.
E- he had to depart, val for you were out for five days and he left three days ago.

Upon hearing this I was devastated that I couldn't thank him once more. I quickly shook those thoughts from my head and dismissed any foreign feelings for him. my father cleared his throat and made an announcement.

E- val, since that encounter with the orcs and everything, you still have had terrible things happen to you inside the borders of imadris, which promotes the question of, how?
V- he is powerful but must have someone else helping him break though the ancient spells that lay upon us.
E- I have been thinking about places that he couldn't get through to but, the only option is lorien and mirkwood but you will visit your grandmother for a while an see what happens for now have not encountered something this evil in a long time.

I started to pack my things as I folded dresses, and I acquired armour. they were very strong and that's what I would from now on travel in. I grabbed my previous outfit and started to apply the protection. I grabbed two knives and stuck them in my boots while I grabbed a quiver full of arrows and a new bow. I met my family outside the library and I saw Arwen crying. elladan and ellrohir were ready to go for they would take me to lorien. I hugged her an my father and they wished me luck and good fortune.

I walked out to the stables and saw that Legolas had left the horse that I had originally rode toward rivendell. I stroked his head and fed him. once on I galloped away from the shimmering city of imadris and toward the terrifying outside. it was a four day ride to lorien and we planned to stop only twice for long period of time. It's funny, I just got home.