Chapter 5

Legolas pov

I never got to say goodbye to her and I left her in severe pain. my father said to return right away. As I appeared at the silver branches that marked the gateway into the mirkwood forest, I missed the liveliness of the trees for there were spiders deep in this forest and were poisoning the life of our home. we continued through and in a couple of hours, we reached the village right outside the kingdom gates. I took my horse to the stables and placed him with the hay and apples.I walked along the winding and twisting branches and finally reached the throne room where my father sat.

Thranduil=T

T- where have you been? You should have returned weeks ago Legolas
L- yes father, but there was a girl, elf, in the dungeon as well as had been tree for 3,000 years!
T- who is she?
L- she is the lost daughter of Elrond and is suffering illnesses.
T- ah so she did not reveal her secret, nor the prophecy?
L- what didn't she mention, what prophecy? And if she didn't tell me, how would she know it?
T- not my place, she chosen or was forced not to give up that secret.

Val's pov

I really have gotten tired of the riding all the time ordeal, but we rode to lorien to keep me safe. We stopped a dud ride from our destination so we could set up camp, but no one was tired enough to sleep. Elladan and Ellrohir could not enter the woods for then they would not be able to return so from this point on, I was alone. we sat in silence around the small fire.

V- thank you guys, I love you.

That was my message to them and elladan looked like he was about to return the comment when an Orc cry traveled from the hills not far away.

E- run val! Orcs are coming, ride! NOW!
V- no! I won't leave you!
E- you must!

I got onto my horse and he slapped the horse and I took off with the reins and saw my brothers fight for me, our family and middle earth. while thy were busy with most of the orcs, a small pack started to get closer to me and I rode as fast as my horse would take me.

I was able to get ahead but not by enough to stop for a long period of time. I have been riding for nearly one whole day, and the woods of lorien have come into view just over the plain. I ride for the final stretch and I hear warg howls which are the riding choice of orcs. I got use to them from years in a cage alone. I made the mistake of looking begin me and I saw a pack of 20 mounted orcs. I rode across the field and as I got closer I saw a scout.

V- ORCS!

I screamed out and he looked toward me and rode toward me and looked worried about the number. we both rode into lore in and he guided me toward the city.

Haldir= H

H- hello, I am the march warden, haldir.
V- I am val, daughter of Elrond.
H- my lady, it is a pleasure to have you in lorien.
V- thank you haldir.

We approached the main staircase I saw Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn I smile as Haldir announced me and Galadriel walked over and hugged me while putting her hand on the back I my head. she then kissed my forehead with love.

G- it's good that you have been found, my child.
V- I'm happy to be surrounded by my family once more.

I was lead to my room and the maids prepared a bath for me. once ready they left me to myself and I removed my clothes and lowered myself into the warm water. I closed my eyes and I thought about Legolas and I finally realized how much I missed him. I got into a blouse and pair of trousers to sleep and I was in a dreamless sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.