drink, or die.

“Noblesse, we had brought what you had asked,” a man says, putting down an unconscious child meters away from the throne where a beautiful girl sits, her cheeks resting at the palm of her hands as she lazily nods.

“You may take your leave,” she replies, and the man bows immediately before exiting the gigantic hall.

“So,” the girl says, looking at another girl, completely opposite of the Noblesse' state— she was wearing a ragged white hospital gown, compared to the tall girl at the throne, clad in a black backless blouse and a short skirt, the poor girls usually beautiful blonde hair seemed like it hadn't been tended for days. “Take the honor.”

“N-No,” the poor girl weakly says, “I won't.” despite her refusal, her eyes darts towards the child, he's neck, to be specific, act seen by the noblesse who grins at the sight.

“Hii-chan~” she drawls, stepping closer towards
Hii-chan, each steps of her in tempo with the poor girls ragged breath. “You wanna die? You won't be able to save your precious Nako now if ever, Hitomi.”

The only answer in her proposition is more deep breaths, a lone sweat sliding through the blonde girls smooth, round cheeks.

“Oh~ you're contemplating! That's an improvement!” says the Noblesse, her steps slightly jumping in apparent glee. “Now, now, you go! A child's blood is more fresh once drank directly.”

“I won't!” the blonde shouts, trying to stand with her right hand. “I don't want to become a monster like you! Kim Minju! You betrayed our family!” her hands gave up, thus her falling to her knees.

“You still bitter with the past? Come on! It's been ten years!”

“Ten years! Ten years of me suffering! Alone! Because you killed our famil—”

“Your family,” the noblesse named Minju, calmly yet fiercely corrects, eyes glaring at Hitomi's confused expression. “They never treated me one, you're the only one who would talk to me— heck! They won't even play with me if you won't ask them to!”

The Noblesse' calm demeanor is gone, her eyes shone red as it glared down at Hitomi's poor figure. Her steps become fast, and at one motion, she's already in front of Hitomi, red eyes remains, a more darker shade of the same color swirling around her iris as it stared at Hitomi's normal ones.

“And you weren't alone, you have that Nako with you,” she adds, a more bitter tone evident in her voice.

Hitomi clenched her fist, “But that doesn't warrant you to kill everyone of them,” she says, voice now low, eyes pooling with tears. “And Nako, her family saved me, thus my gratitude, and I'll protect her no matter what, like I promised.” she stared back at Minju's eyes, not fearing her at all.

For she is aware, the innocent Kim Minju she knew ten years ago still exist within this Vampire Noblesse Kim Minju,  the human Minju's kindness and soft heart.

“Stop being hard-headed.” is all Minju said.  “And no, the Kim Minju you knew back then is gone, the scaredy-cat, clumsy, dumb Minju—”

“Even the Kim Minju who love me?”

Silence. Minju only stared at Hitomi's hopeful eyes, her red eyes slowly disappearing, but before Hitomi can notice the changes in the Noblesse' demeanor, the latter had pulled herself away, returning to her throne.

“Choose between those two,” she says, ignoring Hitomi's question. “Drink, or die.”

---

“How's she,” Minju raises her head, peering over the parchment she had in her hands to stare at her trusted ally.

“Fine, but weak. She didn't drink the child's blood, which surprised me, she have a rather incomparable self-control— even I, one of the powerful vampires within our castle, can't control my hunger, but her, she managed to tame her satisfaction.” The man furrows his eyebrows in utter amazement.

“Is she asleep?”

“Yes, due to hunger.”

Minju nods, putting the parchment in hands and entangling her fingers as her elbows propped themselves atop her table, eyes staring at the white floor. 

“Noblesse,” her ally says once again, and she hums as a reply. “Pardon my question if it may be in a way offensive— but, if the transformed Hunter continues to reject blood... would you let her die?”

The question stays in the air, and Minju seems to think deeply about it, even though her heart had decided to not let Hitomi die, her mind is saying otherwise, for she's aware— if Hitomi turns to a vampire, there's no way she'll side with them, she'll probably return to the demon army and work with them again.

“Should I?” she opts to ask her ally instead.

“If my opinion matters, then no, I think you should let her live. Hitomi-ssi have a strong will to live, we can take advantage of that.”

Minju's brows furrowed, “What do you mean?”

“Make her drink your blood, dear Noblesse. If she does, she don't need to drink human blood, and she won't be transforming to a full vampire— exactly what she wants. However, she'll be under your care and control— which is what we want,” the ally explains, “What she want is to protect her friend, yes? Then we'll make an agreement with her that we shall not touch whoever her friend is, as long as she'll work for us.”

___