Chapter 3

I wake up on the couch, confused as hell, then I remember last night. I check the time "ay mierda son las doce y catorce, que voy hacer?" (oh s-it, its fourteen past twelve what am I going to do?) I don't think Estefan is awake yet, I pour him cereal and go to his room to wake him up. 

Luckily its Saturday so it doesn't really matter but I just hate sleeping in. I wake him up and yell at him to get downstairs. I feel like I wasted half the day. It had been a while since I slept in this late, at least I'm not that tired today. I poured myself some cereal and started to eat it while waiting for Estefan, he takes around 10 minutes every day to get out of bed which I find weird since I've never been like that. I'm already done by the time he's finally walking downstairs. 

He basically inhales his first bowl then goes to pour himself another, while he's getting the cereal back out from the pantry he asks "Can we please go out to town after I eat? Yesterday Camilo told me that his tia, Mrs.Julieta will be giving away some of her food away today! Ive heard that it's really good and I just really want to try some."

 I reply, "Doesn't she only give her food away to the injured? You don't seem to be hurt" I look at him with a grin. He then proceeds to proudly point out the tiniest scrape on his elbow, "See! I'm like totally injured." 

He continues to beg and beg and eventually I say fine. He was done eating his third bowl and then asks if we can leave, I look him up and down and he was still in his pajamas and his hair was a mess, "You sure you wanna go out like that?" I reply with a slight laugh, that smile quickly faded once he replied "Says you? Puta parece que acaba de salir de un coma de seis meses y no se ha duchado en un año" ( b-tch looks like she just woke up from a six month coma and hasn't showered in a year). My jaw drops to the floor "You're eleven don't say that!" I shout as soon as my mind can think again, he stares me dead in the eyes and goes "Puta." (b-tch) and just keeps repeating it as he walks to put his bowl in the sink.

 "Ay Dios mio." I sigh as I rub my face. I look down at myself, I did look like crap he wasn't wrong. As soon as he stopped being an idiot we both got changed and left out to go into town.

We walk along the streets, him waving at everyone he sees just excited he might try what was rumored to be "the best food in Colombia". We eventually hunt down the long table of food and there Julieta is standing at the end of the very long line. Estefan gets excited as he jumps into the back of the line yanking my arm along with him. I don't know if Estefan has ever tasted her cooking before, I have multiple times though. I'm very clumsy, I have been for as long as I can remember. 

Lets just say I've broken, um, a few... bones. I have also ran into tables, poles, houses, people, a lizard (don't ask), and way more. She's always been super nice to my family, me in specific. Ive had her food at least 30 times and it is probably some of the best I've ever had to be honest. Along the table there were all kinds of foods, arepas, arroz con pollo, and some breakfast foods she probably made this morning and had just left sitting out.

 When it's our turn Julieta recognizes me, she hugs me and says "Ay hola bonita! Como estas?" (oh hello pretty, how are you?) I reply "Good! It's been a while hasn't it? Well my little brother has a VERY serious injury!" Im nodding my head and then I pat Estefan on the shoulder and signaled for him to show her. He very dramatically pulls up his elbow and acts as if he's in complete agony, I let out a small laugh while trying to hold in everything else so he wouldn't get mad. 

Julieta winks at me and grabs an Arepa con queso and puts it in the hand without the injured elbow, "Poor little boy, I do hope that you can make it past this as it looks like what caused it was traumatic!" she says to him while he takes a big bite and stares up at her in awe. I thank her and we walk away while Estefan has a huge smile on his face. I may not like people, or know the madrigals well, but Julieta was always there to help me when I needed it. Which was very often.

Sorry for the short part!