Chapter 13

*CW: this chapter contains slight mentions of s/a! its not too heavy but it is still there, please keep that in mind as you read this*

CAMILOS POV:

After sitting in my bed for a while my door opens, I look up smiling expecting it to be Antonio or Mirabel because we usually like to talk to each other during our free time.

Our eyes meet, Ma'fer.  

Why was she in my room? Shouldn't she be busy with Mirabel or being a hoe like normal?

"Uh, Yeah?" I had an annoyed tone in my voice.

"Oh heyyy, I was just wondering if you'd want to spend some time together!" she closes my door and starts walking my way, smiling.

"Why would I want to do that?" I roll my eyes and try to move away as she sits down a little too close to me.

"I don't know, I just thought since you're so proudly single you might want some alone time with someone like me." She was wearing a tank top and kept pulling it down, revealing more and more skin which I did not want to be seeing. She put one of her hands on my shoulder and I flinched a bit.

"Look I'm not interested in you, and you know that. I don't know what you are trying to do but I'm literally fifteen and haven't had my first kiss yet, and you are like the last person on earth I'd want to have it with right now so if you could stop I'd appreciate it." She'd always been weird but never on this level, I just wanted her out of my room. I was staring at my wall with my head turned away from her.

Instead of her leaving, she started playing with my curls and I pushed her away. I slapped her arm to get her to pull it out of my hair. Turning my head towards her again, we made eye contact and she tried to kiss me. I shoved her off of me and moved away.

"What the hell Ma'fer?" I was shouting at her with my hands wrapped around her wrists trying to keep her away from me.

"What? I thought you'd like it." She winked at me and I dropped her arms to point at the door.

"Get out." I was straight faced, mumbling but enough for her to hear it.

"Awww, so soon?" She started to put her hand up my shirt and onto my chest and I grabbed her wrist, yanking it away.

"Get out." I was so disgusted by her, I was yelling at this point.

She rolled her eyes and walked away from me, leaving my room but obviously taking her time.

I sat there frozen, what just happened?

I felt gross, the most physical contact I ever had with her was when our arms accidentally touched while walking next to each other or when shed randomly hug me.

I ended up showering, I felt like she left a mark on me and I wanted it gone. 

It was my second time showering in a day but I didn't really care, as long as I had a good excuse as to why then my family wouldn't question it.

The only negative side to that was that I didn't have a good excuse.

I walked out of my room, my hair was wet and I was in black sweats instead of my usual white shirt and ruana.

It was around four, I had to get to Estella's house to babysit but I wanted to grab some arepas to eat on the way since I didn't get much lunch.

I walked into the kitchen, my mom and tia Julieta were standing by the sink talking.

I opened the fridge and started to look through it, as I was just about to grab the arepas my mom says my name.

"Camilo?"

"Yeah" I look up at her.

"Why is your hair wet? Did you shower again? Why?" She had a small cloud above her head for some reason.

"Oh yeah I showered, I felt like, dirty, I guess." 

I went back to grabbing the arepas but froze when she said;

"Oh, okay. I just wanted to make sure nothing happened, Dolores told me that it sounded like you and Ma'fer got in some sort of argument."

God, I had been hoping she wasn't paying attention. I guess I did yell pretty loud though, so I don't blame her for listening in.

"Oh uh no we didn't. I gotta go, I promised Estella I'd babysit Estefan and I'm already kind of late." I slammed the fridge and left the house empty handed, just wanting to get out of there.

I made It to their house and knocked on the door, it took around thirty seconds and some shouting for the door to open. 

"Hi Camilo! Sorry if you heard me shouting, I was trying to get Estefan to get the door but he didn't want to get off the couch so I had to rush downstairs." 

She was smiling and I tried my best to give a smile back but it obviously didn't look right because she turned her head and just looked at me with furrowed brows.

"Are you okay? Why is your hair wet?" She put her hand on my shoulder out of concern but I just pushed it off since it reminded me too much of Ma'fer.

She looked at her hand and back at me with her brows more furrowed.

"Camilo?" She looks and sounds worried. I realize I've been silent this whole time and I snap back into reality.

"I'm fine I just like, felt dirty. Today was just a little much, I was zoned out. Sorry." She still looks worried but she nods her head and lets me in.

I sit down on their couch next to Estefan,  Estella is talking at a hundred miles per hour about how she might be back early today and how if I need to go home instead of babysitting it would be fine and all this other stuff.

"Estella, It's fine just go out and do what you want to do. Honestly the last thing I want to do right now is go home. We'll be okay, go have fun doing whatever it is that you do out there." I interrupt her and she just takes a deep breath, she gives Estefan a death glare and then makes her way out.