Chapter 24

*cigarettes/smoking, and alcohol are mentioned in this chapter*

CAMILOS POV:

Tuesday 4:30 PM

I had finished my chores for the day and I was walking through town, dinner wasn't for another two or three hours but I decided to head over to Estella's house anyway.

I knocked on her door, and stood there for about thirty seconds before it opened.

"Oh! Hi Camilo." Estefan had opened the door and I heard Estella shouting from for him to wait and that she would get it, I guess he ignored here because here we were.

"Hi! Can I come in?" I smiled and he nodded, I walked in and sat down on their couch

Not long after, Estella rushed down the steps. 

"Who was it? Did you get the do- oh!" She was looking at Estefan but paused when she noticed me.

"Hey!" I waved and smiled. 

"Hi! I thought dinner wouldn't be till later, we're completely unprepared, sorry." She was getting a cup out of one of the cabinets. 

She had on black sweatpants and a big yellow t-shirt, Estefan was wearing what looked like pajamas.

"Oh! It's not for another two hours, I just wanted to come by to ask if you'd want to come over early so Antonio can spend some time with Estefan, and you and me could hang out." I stood up and walked over to their table, it had some flowers that looked like the ones in Isabela's room.

Seeing them reminded me of last night, and again I subconsciously clenched my hands into fists thinking about what she had said.

"Oh! Of course, we just need a few minutes to get ready." She had walked over next to me but I didn't realize, I was too focused on the stupid flowers.

"Are you okay?" She had a concerned expression and she grabbed my wrist, snapping me out of whatever I was in. I let my hands relax and took a deep breath.

"Yeah I'm fine sorry, take as long as you need to get ready, is it cool if I just wait on your couch?" I looked up at her and she nodded her head.

I flopped down on the corner of the couch, her and Estefan went upstairs.

20 minutes later

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, I leaned over to see which one of them it was and I accidentally fell off.

"Oh god are you okay?" Estella walked over to me, trying to hide her laughter but failing.

I sat up and nodded, feeling kind of embarrassed but trying to pretend nothing happened.

Once they were both ready we left their house and made our way to mine.

I opened the door and Dolores and Antonio were standing close by, I guess Dolores heard me talking with them so she knew  they were coming.

After Estefan went off with Antonio to his room, Estella and I headed to mine.