i need to purge my urges shame, shame, shame

by aromanticanti on Ao3

warnings: heavy eating disorder, anxiety

summary: bruno has an eating disorder

---------------------------------------------------------

It was the day after their casita had been rebuilt and everyone was getting ready for their first proper family dinner.

With the construction of casita they didn't have time to sit all together and eat every meal and even if they did they were usually with another family, as they had been staying in different homes while theirs was still unfinished.

Bruno had managed to get out of most if not all of these meals as he would come up with some excuse so that he didn't need to eat.

He had eaten within the months casita was being rebuilt obviously, maybe more than he ever did in the walls but not as much as he should in his family's opinion.

That was if they would have noticed.

Well he was pretty sure Mirabel was onto him and god was she hard to hide stuff from.

But nobody knew and he was going to make sure it stayed that way, even if there were more people he had to hide his eating habits from. He would manage, just like he has managed for the last...what, thirty years? Maybe? He doesn't remember where this all even started.

That didn't matter right now though, what mattered was him hiding from his family so he didn't need to go to dinner.

Now, somewhere in his head he knew he'd be found and dragged down to the table to eat with his family but he ignored that for now.

He was currently hiding in quite possibly one of the worst hiding spots ever, his room.

Which, would be the first place anyone would look for him, not his brightest idea but he already tried the walls. All of the entrances were closed up.

With a sigh he lays down on the cool sandy floor of his new room, he let his eyes gently shut as he silently hoped his family would forget he was back or something and eat without him.

It seemed all of his hopes would be squashed though as he heard a knock on his door, he holds his breath with a silent prayer that whoever knocked would just walk away and think he wasn't in here but it seemed his prayers were ignored as he watched his niece, Mirabel open the door and look around, almost instantly spotting him.

"Tío! I was wondering where you were, it's time for dinner." he covered his face and groaned slightly, "I suppose there's no chance I can skip out of this." Mirabel let out a small chuckle mixed with a sigh.

"I know you're probably nervous for your first family dinner in like a decade but you do have to come down, Abuela would probably be a little more than upset if you skipped out." he let out another dissatisfied groan, pushing himself off of the ground and standing up slowly.

"Come on tío, we can walk together!" he smiled slightly at his niece he was appreciative for her optimism, though it didn't make the heavy sick feeling in his stomach go away.

They walked to the dining room in mostly silence, Bruno sticking close to Mirabel as they made their way at a pace too quick in his opinion.

Before they entered the dining room he threw some salt behind his shoulder and held his breath as he crossed the boundary into the room where the rest of his family sat.

Mirabel and him sat next to each other, Dolores sitting on his other side.

As soon as they sat down Abuela started talking, probably some speech about how the Madrigals are amazing or something, he wasn't paying any attention.