007

"Why do you put up with me?" She smiled.

"Because you're fire and... I've been cold my whole lif- God this is so embarrassing!" I hid my face with my hands.

She chuckled, "No it's not embarrassing, it's cute."

"Let's work on you!"

"I'm not a statue, why do I need working on?" I fixed my glasses.

"You're a work of art Taehyung, and nothing in the world will change that."

My ears felt furiously hot and I don't know why. It felt like if I was on a burning pile.

"Anyway," She smacked her lips, "What do you love about yourself the most?"

"I suppose...my scars? Because they have stayed with me longer than most people have." I answered fiddling with my sweater sleeves.

"I was expecting an answer like, your smile maybe, because you got the most amazing smile in the world." She said it like it was no big deal.

But only I felt the sincerity behind her words.

"Now is my turn to ask you a question."

"Go on."

"What is pain?" I know that is a stupid question because I have been feeling that all my life.

But I'd like a bit of change in perspective.

Maybe, just maybe. What I felt over the years wasn't pain...

But just a normal human emotion to hate your existence.

Maybe, her answer might change my opinion on pain...

I just want a day where it feels like I'm not falling apart anymore.

"You don't know pain until you're staring at yourself in the mirror with tears streaming down your face and you're begging yourself to just hold on and be strong. That is pain."

"I hate this feeling, like I'm here, but I'm not. Like someone cares, but they don't. Like I belong somewhere else, anywhere but here." She sighed but a smile still rested on her features.