011

The world's an ocean.

There are always someone dragging you down but someone always pulls you up but...what if that someone doesn't exist?

Will you'll always keep drowning until you close your eyes?

Will you?

My eyes roamed around for that particular someone but I couldn't find her

My eyes roamed around for that particular someone but I couldn't find her. In this swarm of people it would be hard to find just a particular person but I trusted my instincts. It'll find a way to reach her.

"Taehyung!" There she was.

I turned around and saw her worry etched face. "What are you doing?!"

"Standing?"

"No stupid, you're standing on the parapet!" She pulled me away from it and I let myself get dragged with her. "What were you thinking?!"

I wanted to speak but I couldn't form words, I was that overjoyed to meet her.

When she touched me and it felt...as if...the stars were dancing across my skin. Her skin glowed brightly than ever and she looked so unreal even though it's daylight. It wasn't a dream, it never was.

Or was it?

"What does love feel like?" I asked suddenly causing her inaudible rambling to stop abruptly.

"W-what?"

"What does love feel like?" She grew silent.

But after some time, she began to speak, "One day you'll meet someone who will see the universe that was knitted to your bones, and the embers of galaxies glow to life in your life in your eyes. And you'll finally know, what love is supposed to feel like." She smiled at the end holding both of my hands firmly but gently.

"Can you explain it to me?" I tilted my head.

"I-I..."

"Kidding." I laughed seeing her confused face.

"We love so easily, yet we break so easily too." I sighed.

"Yeah no shit Sherlock." She giggled.

"I personally think that, true love is when two people make each other love themselves more." She muttered softly.

"What?"

"Nothing! And what you were doing there is stupid don't do that again!" She scolded me but it felt like a faraway lamp in a dark moor.

I finally felt as if someone cut my strings or mended my wings or unlocked my cage.

Does freedom really feel like this? I don't know why I am suddenly feeling this?

But I have no regrets.

I ran out of the cage as fast as I can and jumped spreading my wings as far as I can. The wind chilling my thoughts for a while. The sweet yet saline water trickling down my face but there wasn't any water to begin with.

Then, what was it?

"TAEHYUNG!"

It's true, world's an ocean...

And I'm drowning in it.

I winked at her face which was so far, the sunlight blinding her face and then suddenly everything darkened. Just like that, my last breath was snatched as I delved into the shady waters I filled it up by myself.

Atleast I used all of my power for my last flight. It was worth it.

I didn't go through that much for nothing.

Because she never existed, never did.

---

THE END

©Causers

Date started: 6/1/2022
Date ended: 27/1/2022