Mo[U]rning Routine

Auden saw Reign's state before it reared it's nasty head. He had dealt with it before but he was unprepared back then, now he knew better. It started when she refused to get out of bed, Auden knew that mornings were the worst part. He slipped in behind her ad pulled her closer to his chest. Her head right on his heart, his hand wrapped tightly around her waist, the other rubbing soothing circles on her back. Auden let Reign listen to his heart best for a few minutes. He smiled and softly whispered in her hear

"You hear that?" she didn't respond. He wasn't the least bit bothered by this. Aude knew her by now. He knew nothing could diminish her curiosity and by posing such a question, it peaked. when it didn't make an appearance on her face, he knew she must really be down. He pulled her closer and gently squeeze her as if to reassure her that he'd never leave. Aude answered his previous question and said

"You are my reason to live. Its the only reason why my heart still beats, for you and you alone."

Reign looked at him with tears glossing over her russet coloured orbs. Auden gave her a reassuring smile and continued talking to her, even when she didn't engage in light conversation with him.

" Don't listen to that voice in your head bunny. Whatever it's saying is not true and you know it. I love you and I always will. I'm not going anywhere, I promise you I'll never leave. You're not getting rid of me that easily, you are forever stuck with me bunny."

Again she remained silent. It seemed as if Reign didn't believe him. He couldn't for the life of him comprehend just how big the demons she was fighting were, but still, he could give up that easily. Auden was determined to save Reign from her monsters, he was prepared to fight beside her in battles and reign victorious in all her waging wars she stood no chance against alone. She was, after all HIS.

Auden chuckled and released a lung relieving sigh. He placed his thumb under her chin and lift her head so she was staring into his honey brown eyes. He could tell Reign's eyes were not focused. Auden craned his neck to the side and planted soft butterfly kisses on her plump pout lips , her soft chocolate brown cheeks , her button nose and lastly a long well needed kiss on her forehead. Auden truly did love Reign, he meant every word he ever said to her.

Auden was never the type to express his emotions freely, but every since he met Reign he could help but randomly let an " I LOVE YOU" slip past his lips. She made him feel so many emotions that sometimes it was hard to keep them in. Reign owns him, Body, mind and soul. She was his home and he knew no other. She has ruined him for every other woman, as far as he knows, no other can compare or even comes close to her. Reign was it for Auden and he wasn't planning on letting her go anytime soon. And just like that an idea popped into Auden's head.

He settled behind her and pulled her to his chest. Auden got comfortable, taking time to reel in his thoughts, swimming in all of his memory with Reign like the day they got Cocoa, their chocolate labradoodle, the day the moved into their two bedroom studio apartment and now to his favourite memory of them, the day they met. And thus was Auden's idea.

"Do you remember the day we met?"

Silence