Stabbed

Repeating the same routine for 7 years sure is tiring. Wake up, Eat, Work, Eat, Go home, Sleep, Wake up and so on.

Yeah. That's been my routine for 7 years.

To be perfectly honest... I'm tired.
The only reason I'm still holding on is my baby, Oreo.

Oreo is my dog, a very adorable labrador. She's been with me through thick and thin, through my hardships and all the other shits that has happened to me.
I hope I can let go. Everything is so tiring.
I barely even have time for myself.
I'm always drained mentally and physically.
Not because I'm 27 years old, means I'm mentally stable.

"Y/N!!"
My thoughts were cut off when someone called me. I look up to see my boss signalling me to go to him.

"Yes, boss?" I asked, confused.

"You've been working here for 5 years now. Your loyalty is very much appreciated, and your hard work has payed off! Congrats on getting a promotion!" He smiled at me and pats my back.

"Uh.. Thank you, boss." I smile gently. Atleast there are some changes.

"Since some of you are getting promoted, you'll be transferred to another division. So we'll conduct a celebration!"

I open my mouth only to be cut off..

"I'm not taking a 'No' from you. You've barely joined us on any company celebration at all! This'll be your last time with us too. So you've no choice but to come with us." He finished off with a slight frown.

I could only reply with a nod. With that, he left with a smile.
I sighed loudly.

"Don't want to go, Y/N?" A co-worker broke me off my stupor. Jenna.
"Yeah." Was my only reply.
"Is it because of Oreo?" She asked again.
"Uhm.. yes." I don't know how to respond, despite me working here for 5 years, I've only talked to my co-workers if it's work related. But I guess Jenna and I could be labeled as 'friends'.
I've had a crush on Jenna before, but knowing she has a boyfriend.. I put up a boundary that I'll never cross. I'm not a home wrecker.

"You sure do love Oreo, huh?"

"Yeah, she's my source of energy." Though i'm not energetic whatsoever...

"She's so adorable~ I totally get you!" She squealed, probably imagining my baby.
I just chuckled.

"So... You're coming later, right?" I looked at her thinking about it for a moment.
"Yeah."

There ended our conversation.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Time skip - After work

After work, we just packed our things then rode a company van to our destination. A bar.
It took about 30 minutes for us to get there so we were quite hungry.
If you're wondering, the company I'm working at is a technology company. They build phones and other tech stuffs and the division I applied at was the office.

"To everyone that's been promoted. Thank you for all your hard work! Please keep working harder so the company will soar even further than before. Again, thank you!!" After boss gave his' speech, I just silently thanked those who congratulated me.

I then felt a tap on my shoulder.
"Congrats Y/N!! You totally deserve it." Jenna smiled so bright with tinted cheeks. I guess she's already drunk.

"Thank you, Jenna." I smiled a bit then went back to my drinking. She sat beside me, it was emptied just a few seconds ago.

"Say... Y/N. Are you single?" She asked out of the blue.
"Yeah, only had 1 girlfriend in my life." I shrugged. "Why do you ask?" I gave her a suspicious look, and she totally ignored my question.
"Would you like to have some fun with me?"
I didn't notice her getting near my ears, as she whispered those words ever so lowly.
No, she has a boyfriend and this is only the effect of alcohol. Never accept.
There's a huge part of me that wants to push her away so I did.
"I'm sorry, but no."
But the next thing that happened, surprised me.

I was stabbed.

A/N : This is just a random story plot that came into my mind so there might be a lot of story holes, and this is also my first story. I'd gladly appreciate it if you'd vote!