Engadged

Iris POV
OMG! He proposed, he actually proposed! I can't believe that in a few short months I'm no longer going to be Iris Christina West. Nope you can say goodbye to that surname, my name will be Iris Christina Allen! I am currently curled up on the sofa, sitting in Barry's lap while he sleeps. I gaze at my Engagement ring at then at my finance' calm face. Barley even believing that I'm lucky enough to be marrying someone like my bear, I bury my head in his chest and fall asleep with the pleasant scent of Vanilla and Dill floating around me.
When I wake up Barry's still asleep but for some reason it's dark out. looking at the clock the realisation that it's 7:30pm hits me so hard that I wobble, waking Barry up in the process. "hey, are you ok" he asks with a groggy voice, rubbing the sleep from my eyes I say " we've been asleep for nearly 4 hours.!" "Wow" is all he says. giggling I climb off of his lap and make my way to the kitchen to start on dinner, it isn't until a pair of strong warm arms wrap around my waist that I remember that I'm am soon to be a married woman. to be honest it scares me a little, I always pictured my perfect wedding however my groom was just a figure with no face but now that figure has a face and name and believe it or not, even though I'm nervous I can't wait until I walk down that isle to my soon to be husband.
It takes me a minute to realise that Barry's talking to me. " You do know that we need to tell everyone right" oh sugar cubes I totally forgot about telling the family that Barry and I are getting married. "um" I say, chuckling Barry let's go of my waist And turns me around so I'm facing him, I had a feeling that you'd forget so how about we take this slowly". considering the idea I realise that my dad should be the first to know. " hey bear, I think we should tell my dad first and seeing as it's family dinner tonight I think that in a few hours it might be appropriate to tell him." " I'm ready when you are babe" he says softly, just then the house phone rings and Barry's rolls his eyes," be right back" he says and then leaves to mute the consistent ringing. I sigh lightly and turn back to the counter to begin on dinner. knowing that Barry will be by my side all the way through this makes me feel like the luckiest girl alive. I mean what girls gets a man like Barry Allen who she knows will stick stick up for her no matter what and will be by her side forever.
I begin make spaghetti al a meat, and just over the noise in making with the pots and pans I can hear Barry bidding the person on the other end of the phone goodbye.
Walking back into the kitchen, my finance kisses my cheek and apologises for the wait saying that it was the Captain asking if he was coming in tomorrow. I smile and tell him that there no need to apologise. and with that we begin making dinner in a sweet silence.
Barry's POV
I did it, I actually asked her to be mine forever and she said YES. I have to admit I'm really nervous about telling everyone about our engagement but I told iris that we could tell her dad tonight so I guess I have to be ready. I look up at iris who's now layering the meat with sauce and a smile invades my face. I just can't believe she said yes and if I'm completely honest with myself, I can't wait until she's my wife. the only thing I'm worried about if what joe and the others will say but then again I don't care. I love iris, she loves me and that's all that matters right.
-----------2 hours later -------------------
Joes POV
The minute I walk in I know that something's up. I go into the living room and see Barry and iris sitting very close together. "ok what's going on" I ask however I'm not to sure I need an answer as I've already spotted the beautiful ring on her middle finger. "joe" "dad" they say together, "were engaged" for the first few moments i didn't say or do anything but after what they said sunk in I cried out with joy and moved forward to hug them. eventually after, shouts, laughs and tears were all shed and finished all of us sat down to Eat a peaceful dinner with my daughter and son/ future husband and wife. well to say I can't wait for the wedding is an understatement of the decade