Dinner

Joes POV
Their Engaged, their actually engaged. I can't believe it. my kids are getting married. At the moment we are all sitting around the circular table eating with a happy silence coating the room. "So" I ask, iris giggles like a school girl and Barry just smiles, I'm smiling too, smile smile all the time, I'm smiling so much that it hurts. "iris" Barry says with a concerned voice," yes" she says looking at him with so much love in her eyes that for a moment I think she might burst. "please remember that we need to tell everyone else and that it won't happen magically" " yeah yeah I know" she said. just then, even thought I'd hoped the moment would last a little longer, Barry's phone rang and Cisco's name flashed up telling us that something was wrong................. Turns out that it was just Cisco being Cisco and asking if Barry wanted to do a bros night and go to a pub or something. Barry of Course said yes but not before he looked at iris to confirm. Not long after he cut the call and we cleared the table there was a loud BANG BANG BANG on the door. "Jesus Cisco you don't need to break our door down" iris shouted moving towards the door. a laughing Cisco stood on the other side along with Eddie who was clutching his side and trying not to kneel over with laughter, however standing behind them was an unimpressed Caitlin.. I just laughed at the lot of them before coming up to stand behind Iris and letting them in.

Caitlin's POV
The second I entered the West's house my mood instantly changed. I couldn't wait to spend the night with Iris. she's such a great friend. However when I look at the adorable couple in front of me I realise that there's something leers going on. " Ok can everyone please come into the living room" joe yelled, mainly at the boys who had all wondered off into the kitchen. They all scampered back into the living room and Barry looked at iris, "hey caitlin" she said with a cheeky voice "yeah" I answer unsure of where this is going "do you know of any good wedding dress stores" she asks smiling the widest I'm sure a person can smile. I gasp, my hand flying to my mouth in shock. "Guys and girls" Barry says also smiling wide. " we're Engaged" at first no one said anything, a bit like the time they told us that they were dating, and then all at once, everyone rushed forward congratulating and asking how, when and where it happened. but as for me I just hugged iris and Barry and whispered a small congrats into Barry's ear. I was and am really happy for them. too happy in fact that I don't know what to say. a soft tear of joy runs down my check and lands on Barry's shoulder. I expect him to be made at me but instead he just laugh's and wipes it away. and so after about 10 minuets of laughing , Barry kissed iris on the check and left the house and iris and I settled down For a girly night even though I am dying for information on the proposal but I guess that will have to wait, right now I'm just going to enjoy iris' company and hope the night doesn't go too fast.
-----------------------//////////-----------
Hey guys sorry I haven't updated for a while but I am soooooo glad you like it, don't worry there is so much more in store for both Barry and iris

And even I stop to wonder sometimes
Will they EVER have a happy ending.
Love y'all's
FishFace 1211
Enjoy