Chapter 2

Goh looked into Professor Oak's eyes, thinking about the decision. It was true that he wanted to get Mew, the pokemon he's been longing to see again after that one fateful encounter. But then again... could he really handle leaving Ash? What if he decided to leave him, like everyone else in his life? He couldn't handle that. He couldn't handle even the thought of Ash leaving him. Plus, Ash wasn't that kind of a person....

Was he? 

 Goh didn't want to try to find that answer out. "No thank you. I'm glad about your offer, but I have to decline. I don't like working with teams" he lied while diverting his eyes to the ground, now looking at the tiled floor underneath him. "Why, I understand. But you have some great potential!" The professor stated, trying to persuade him to join. But Goh wasn't having any of it.

 "Please professor. I don't want to be rude, but I seriously can't take your offer." he stated before walking outside with no other words. Ash looked towards the professor and then Goh, who by now had walked out the door. What had happened? He felt that something was off.

 ------------------------------------------------ 

 Ash walked outdoors to try and find Goh. Instead, he ran into his rival. Gary. "Hey Gar" Ash stated, with a worried look in his eyes. "Have you seen Goh? He just kind of stomped off and I didn't see where he went" Ash added, looking up towards the Oak. Gary only nodded, and pointed to a forest behind him. "I saw him run over that way. He looked like he was in the brink of crying honestly. Wonder what happened there." Gary spoke, his voice low when he said the last sentence. Ash only nodded and dashed towards the forest. Soon enough he reached the forest, where he still couldn't find Goh anywhere. "Pikachu? Think you can help me here?" He asked the yellow mouse on his shoulder, to which the pokemon nodded. Pikachu got off and perked his ears up. 

Soon enough, Pikachu gave the signal that he heard something. Ash could hear his heart beating louder as Pikachu led him to the source of the sound. Why was Goh crying? Professor Oak didn't say anything to upset him... so why was he so upset?

Ash decided that he'd ask Goh once he got there.

------------------------------------------------

Goh was sitting underneath a tree, looking through his rotom phone. He remembered the last time he met and a friend and "left" him. Heck, he didn't even leave Horace! All he did was go home to sleep. Horace didn't really expect for him to stay with him... right?

Well, whatever. Goh thought. If Ash wants to leave them, then let him leave him. Maybe he should've taken the offer. Now there's no way of him being able to catch Mew. He gave up his dream for a person who would most likely leave him in the dust if Ash got the chance.

Boy was he wrong on that.

------------------------------------------------

Soon Goh started hearing the sound of shoes slamming on dirt and turned over to the direction to see small yellow ears with black tips. There's no way that Ash came all this way to find me... is there? Goh thought as he saw the pikachu run up towards him with an exhausted Ash following suite. No way... he really did. Goh thought before smiling up at the other male. 

Ash looked down at Goh and saw the state that the Vermillion boy was in. "Goh... oh my god, are you okay? You look... I don't even know, like you've seen a ghost. You're so pale" Ash whispered as he sat down near Goh, worry laced in his voice. Goh just chuckled before hugging the boy from Pallet. "I'm just fine. I'm glad you came here for me" Goh whispered against Ash's chest as he nuzzled against the others' warmth.

Aw, how cute. Ash though as he wrapped an arm around Goh's shoulders. "Of course I came. What made you think that I wouldn't?" Ash asked in a nervous tone. Maybe now was to early to ask for such a thing. But, nonetheless Goh answered. "I thought that if I went on the "Project Mew" missions that you'd end up leaving me. That's why I ran away, so that no one could hear me cry. Also to lower down my thoughts. They get to loud at times." Goh admitted embarrassed as he didn't loosen his grasp on the other.

Ash only sighed and looked down at Goh. "You know that there's nothing to worry about. I'd never leave you, and you should know that. I... I love you Goh" Ash said the last part quietly, as Pikachu who was sitting in the distance perked it's ears up hearing Ash's statement.

No matter how quiet Ash was, Goh still heard it. And the Vermillion City boy's heart started to melt. 

"You're lying, there's no way a person like you could possibly love me. I mean, you've traveled the world! Made so many friends! Meanwhile I was stuck at home doing research about pokemon I thought I'd never meet..." Goh whispered as he took his head out of Ash's chest to look at the brunette in the eyes. Ash could tell that Goh seriously thought he was lying.

Well, guess I have to prove it. He thought as he did a deep inhale. 

And then he kissed Goh. He kissed Goh with the most passion that he could muster up, pouring out all his feelings into this one gesture. The poor male couldn't handle so much emotion, having to pull away after awhile.

Then, Ash looked at him. "You still think I'm joking? That I'm lying to you?" he whispered, in-between huffs.

And Goh has to admit, he does believe. He does believe that Ash actually loves him. That if he were to join Project Mew, that Ash would stick right by his side. Through thick and thin.

And Goh wants that. So he nods.

"I do believe that you love me now" he said, looking up at Ash with just as much passion as that kiss held.

"Good, then let's get headed back over there and talk to Professor Oak and say we want to get signed up!" Ash smiled, springing up immediately. 

And all Goh can do is smile. Turns out all his fears were irrelevant, since in the end... Ash loved him. And he's never going to leave Goh alone. 

A/N: Hey guys! And happy Early Valentine's day! I was to excited to post this then to wait for two days, so... here it is! Plus, if I'm feeling extra energetic then I might post another one-shot.

Anyway, hope you have fun and stay safe! Bye!

Word count: 1116