Chapter 10

A/N: Thanks to Tenma on AO3 who asked for a sleepover fic with Hop and Goh, talking about their lovers
(Also, I know that it's supposed to be "Galarian", but I tend to make the Pokemon nationalities the same ending as their IRL counterparts. eg, Hoenn is called Hoennese because of Japanese, and Johto is called Johtoian because of American)

Goh sighed while looking at the ceiling of the building he was currently in. He was in Hop's apartment currently, the purple haired boy laying in a sleeping bag on the ground, beside the bed Goh was currently laying on.  he remembers Hop asking him to come over to their house for a sleepover, after seeing him cheer for Ash (the Alolan Champion as Hop had called him,) and wanting to get to know him better.  Than when bedtime finally did arrive, Goh had argued with the Galarish boy, saying that, "this is your house! You should sleep in your own bed!"

But, alas, Goh got defeated in that argument rather quickly, not being able to come up with a good reason why Hop should sleep in his own bed other than the fact it's his house.

Than his thoughts drift to Ash. To the way he battled against his opponent. Goh sighed dreamily at the way he smiled after the battle, after all his hard training had finally paid him off and now he could fight another member. Another step closer before he could battle Leon, the person who got him here.

Goh quickly sat up on the bed, realizing that sleep would not be coming after what felt like 10 hours of waiting. Hop noticed this, also not being able to sleep as well. he unzipped his sleeping bag, got out, and sat down next to the Vermillion boy. 

"Sleep not coming?" He asked, to which the raven haired nodded. "I don't know, maybe I'm just too busy thinking..." Goh admits with a sigh, which makes Hop cock his head to one side in curiosity. "What were you thinking about?" He asks, to which Goh immediately corrects. "Are. What are you thinking about." That makes a chuckle slip out of the Galarish boy. "Okay then, what are you thinking about?"

Goh takes a second to answer. Contemplating if he should state it. After a few moments of thinking, he finally decides to answer. Nothing that bad can happen, right?

"Well... I was thinking about... Ash...." Goh whispered, half of him hoping that (even though Hop was so close to him, sitting right across from him) that he still didn't hear it. But, he did. "Oh! Do you have a crush on him, mate?" Hop asks, a stupid grin on his face. But, it wasn't teasing. It was genuine. Almost like he shared the same feeling as him. But..., that could never be possible. Right?

"Yeah... I-I kind of do..." The Vermillion boy answers, getting away from his thoughts with a slight blush on his face. Hop finds that cute and laughs, wholeheartedly, but not in a teasing way. It almost makes Goh feel safe. Like he stated his deepest secret to someone who will treat it properly. "Well, you're not the only one, mate. I also have a crush."

Goh gets a little shocked at that, before remembering the battle with Ash. He remembers a tuft of brown hair, a swoop that comes from the top of his forehead, the challenger uniform he was wearing. Goh remembers saying that his name was Victor, and he had a sister named Gloria. 

He also remembers how Hop cheered louder when Victor walked into the frame, how the Challenger waved towards the other Galarish, and a slight pink color brushing Hop's cheeks.

"Is it Victor?" Goh asks cautiously, and Hop nods. "Is it that easy to tell?" He nervously chuckles, and Goh just shakes his head. "No, I just pieced the pieces together."

They both laugh at that, before sharing a silent moment. A moment that wasn't awkward, but calming. That showed how much trust they held together.

"So... why do you love Ash?" Hop asks, to break the silence. Goh's eyes sparkle at that, before he looks towards the bedsheets. "A-are you sure? I've got a ton of reasons..." He whispers. Hop places his hands on the other's shoulder, assuring him that there's nothing to be scared of. Not here. That he's not going to get neglected here.

"I've got all the time," He simply answers, which makes Goh look back towards the Galarish boy. 

"Well, here goes nothing..."

They talk about their crushes until the sun peeks out from the horizon, until the sunrays are hitting both of the boys, warming them up from the long night. Hop and Goh continue talking nonetheless, about how their crushes are similar, different, and why they love them. They stop once Hop's mother walks in, saying that breakfast is ready, so they both head down.

After the delicious food, Goh head outside towards the beautiful world ahead. They both decided to keep contact, to be friends. They smile at each other before waving goodbye, meeting with their destined loved ones after that.

Word count: 845