Chapter 7

A/N: Thank you lucas_the_sunflower for the prompt! They asked for a Satogou date so here it is! Hope y'all enjoy!

"Hey Goh! Over here!"  A familiar voice calls the Vermillion boy. Goh turned towards the source of the voice, smiling towards the owner. "What is it now, Ash?" He asks in a teasing voice while walking up to the teen. "Look over there!" Ash states while pointing towards the bottom of the hill. They where currently on a hill over looking the whole of Vermillion city, the buildings underneath small and lighted since it was the evening. Goh looked towards the direction that the Pallet town trainer was pointing too, seeing a small batch of cherry blossom trees in the distance. "Wouldn't it be fun to go there?" He asks, to which Goh thinks. "I mean, maybe? But, we have to make it quick. It's almost getting dark and Professor Cerise will be worried," he rambles, but follows Ash nonetheless.

Don't worry Goh, I already told Professor about our outing Ash thinks but doesn't say a word. Instead, he looks towards Pikachu rested on his shoulder, gesturing towards his backpack. You see, Ash had a reason to bring Goh out here to this place. He saw it yesterday during his daily run, noting the area down for later. In his backpack was multiple different picnic materials and a tent. He thought it would be amazing if they sat outside in their presence and their pokémons, and then slept outside underneath the star-lit sky.

Because of this idea, he told Professor Cerise about this before, who was more than happy to oblige since the two haven't had any real "together time" ever since Ash joined the Master 8, and Goh with Project Mew. He thought that this would be a great way for them both to relax, and think about the time when they used to just explore together the different regions that made up the Pokemon world.

"Hey Ash, you coming?" Goh asks, stopping in his tracks when he notices that Ash seemed to have zoned out. "Huh? Yeah! Of course!" The other trainer states with a smile on his face, the signature one that's known to make Goh's face become beet red and his heart beat 10x faster.

Soon enough, they reach the designated area and Goh calls out Cinderace from it's pokéball, along with Grookey and Inteleon. Ash calls out Lucario, and they sit down on the soft grass. It rained the night before, but not so much that the grass and dirt was muddy. Just enough that it was soft enough to sit on and damp enough to not hurt. 

After a few minutes, Ash notices that Goh's attention was practically glued onto his pokemon and their funny behavior. Then Ash decides that now is a good time to get out the equipment for the picnic.

"Hey Goh, I'm gonna practice battle over there," he states, pointing to the area. Goh just nods and goes back to watching the chaoticness that is his pokemon.

Once he was far enough away that Goh wouldn't be able to hear him, he looked towards Lucario and Pikachu. "Would you guys help me set everything up?" He asked, to which both pokemon nodded. "Thank you guys. You're so helpful," He praised while smiling towards the pokemon. 

Ash took off his backpack and took out all of it's contents. There was a tablecloth, one candle, a lighter, food and sleeping bags. "Alright, let's first set the tablecloth." He states while getting up and moving away, his pokemon doing the same as to not obstruct.

He places it onto the grass, fixing any crumples that were there. Lucario grabs the food and places it down near the middle, but not exactly on it. Pikachu comes around and places the candle in the middle near the food, bringing the lighter over towards the Pallet town trainer.

"Thank you Pikachu," he thanks as he lights the candle. He blows it slightly so that the flame becomes a bit more bright and noticeable.

After he's done and thinks that it looks good, he checks the time and sees that there's still about 10 minutes until it starts becoming dark. "Well, might as well get some training in while we wait, ay?" He says mostly to himself, but the pokemon nod along very eagerly.

--------------------------------------------------

After it started getting dark, Ash walked back over towards Goh who looked panicked as he talked to someone on his rotom phone. The Pallet town trainer guesses that it's Professor Cerise from the way that Goh's talking. He isn't to worried though, since he already told the Professor about the idea. The Vermillion teen cuts the call quickly and then turns towards Ash. "Done your training finally?" He asks to which Ash nods. "Hey, where's Lucario?" Goh asks while looking around for the Aura Pokemon. "I have something to show you. Lucario's over there making sure that it stays intact," He chuckles whole heartedly while he stretches out his hand for the researcher-in-training. Goh smiles at him, shaking his head slightly while taking the offered hand.

When they reach the area, Goh's breath gets taken away. He let's go of Ash's hand, his own now clasped over his mouth in amazement. It was simple, but it still meant a lot to Goh. "Ash... I-"

"You don't have to say anything." The Pallet trainer assured as he placed a hand on Goh's shoulder, lightly squeezing it to show his support.

And so, Goh doesn't. He just turns around and grabs Ash into a tight hug, some tears slipping out from such a kind gesture. "Hey now, no tears on my watch!" Ash says as he lifts Goh's head up, arm still wrapped around the other's shoulder as he wipes the tears away with his other hand. "Want to head over and eat?" He offers and Goh just weakly nods.

They walk over towards the pokemon, a smile on both their faces, hands interlocked as it sways back and forth.

Word count: 992