Chapter 8

A/N: Thanks so much for 1k views! And thanks again to theunknownbomb  for helping me with the idea! I wanted to do a Mermaid AU with Goh and Ash for MerMay (based off the drawing above from @forsakenangel88 on Instagram, though I didn't really have any idea. So thank you again Lucas for the help! (For the second time XD)

Also, requests are still open so feel free to suggest some ideas

Notes: Chloe is a Milotic Mermaid, Goh is a Dewgong Mermaid, and Ash is a pirate who's on a mission to catch a mermaid.

Goh looked towards Chloe with confusion written all over his face. "Wait, you want me to head over to the surface? Where everyone is looking for a Mermaid?" He asks to which the Milotic hybrid nods. "Are you crazy Chloe?!? I could get caught!" he states while waving his arms around to emphasize the point. Chloe rolls her eyes at this, and just looks him dead in the eyes. "Goh, I dared you to just poke your head out of the surface and come back. Not to stay there for the whole night," Chloe counters. Goh looks at her defeated and then just nods. "Yeah, fair enough. But, first lets eat. I'm starving." Chloe agreed, so they both headed towards the seaweed to munch.

--------------------------------------------------

Ash looked towards his crew and then back at the ship. He was still pondering over what his Captain had told him before he went off to sea. "Your next mission to catch a Mermaid," She had said, but Ash didn't understand how. How was he supposed to catch a mythical creature, that everyone thought didn't exist?

Plus, if he did find one: he bets it's not as stupid as the fish he catches on a regular basis. Lots of people have stated to him that they have as big of a brain as humans, meaning that they can comprehend the same things that they can. And if a human can't get caught in a fishing net, then sure as Giratina that a Mermaid won't.

But, Ash wasn't one to just decline a message. He was known as the best pirate in all of Kanto, and he was planning on keeping it that way. Meaning that he had to follow even the weirdest of requests that came his way. Mythical creature or not, Ash was determined to find something. To catch something and show it to the Captain.

"Hey, sir! Over there!" One of the crewmen yell towards him. Ash rushes over towards the designated area, seeing a head poke out from under the water. It looks like a male, around his age, but with black hair and red highlights. He didn't notice the tail poking out from behind him until it was to late.

The Mermaid swam back beneath the depths of the Ocean, probably seeing him and swimming away.

But, he wasn't going to let him go. Not when a mission was at hand.

"Drop the nets and bring the ship closer!" He commands to his crewmates with no hesitation. They all nod, one heading over to the steering wheel while the other readied the nets.

This was his only chance, and if he lost it. Well, he didn't want to think about how mad his captain would get.

--------------------------------------------------

Goh saw the ship, and the iconic pointed hat that the people on it were wearing. He was told since he was a young pup that those people are dangerous. He was about to dive down until he saw a boy his age leading the ship. He soon realized that he must've been the captain, and poked his tail out of the water to dive as deep as possible. "STUPID CHLOE! 'It's only you poking your head out' YOU SAID, YET LOOK AT ME! I'M PROBABLY GONNA GET HUNTED!" He scolded his friend in his mind, his tail flapping behind him to bring him more deeper into the depths of the ocean.

Sadly though, it wasn't worth it since he saw a big net catching up towards him. Before he even knew it, in his blind panic, he swam into the net. His tail got caught between the strings, writhing as he tried to free it. he bit the rope, tried to tear it apart, but it was no use. he was getting pulled up and he knew that this was his end. They'd either keep him as a showcase piece, or maybe even sell him to the market. He's dead.

--------------------------------------------------

"Sir! We caught something!" the crewmates said as they started pulling on the suddenly very heavy net. "Is it the mermaid?"