🌙 (3-Shot) Karan's Monami ~ 2

Heyyyy Guys! It's Vera here and this update is the continuation of the last part, sorry for the delay but hope ya'll like it! Feedback is highly appreciated :) 💖

======

It was already almost dark when Monami left the restroom owing to the 20 minutes she waited patiently in line. "Oh god! Itna andhera hai...kuch bhi nazar nahi araha- yaad bhi nahi hai ke kon se raaste se aayi thi..." she said as she stood in front of the three different paths in front of her.

Monami fished her phone out of her pocket, "Signal bhi nahi araha...aab kya karun??! Yeh saab na uss Khadoos Shergill ki galti hai...behave to aise kar raha tha jaise ex nahi dushman houn! Ek "hi" bhi nahi bol paya! "Hi" kya! uss ne toh ek smile bhi nahi ki, full on ignore kiya! Agar woh sahi se behave karta toh usske baare mein soochne ki jagah mein raaste pe focus karti"

Monami moved a little further down the the path and stood beneath the lamppost, she raised her phone upwards and in different directions in hope she would get a signal but to her luck it was of no use.

"Ek toh andhera horaha hai, anjaan raaste hai, aas paas koi nazar nahi araha aur upar se no signal! Kya soocha tha aur kya hogaya" - She said out loud and turned the flashlight on as she looked around.

She walked to the stall, which seemed like it had been abandoned a long while ago, she could see spider webs and dust on it as she shone some light on it. "If I am missing woh log mujhe dhoondne toh aayge na? Sanjana Mam knows ke mein yahan par houn...Sid knows and Karan, I know woh mujhe avoid kar raha hai but phir bhi, thodi fikar toh usse bhi hogi meri" - she mumbled.

Monami heard leaves rustle behind her, but there was no wind whatsoever, she slipped her phone into her pocket and pulled out a pocket knife from her backpack quickly. She felt the presene of someone behind her, Monami's heart rate increased and she took deep breaths to calm herself.

"You can do this, commando baana hai toh isse toh khud deal karhi legi...stab and run Monu" she told herself. Monami swiftly turned around and raised her pocketknife in the air, just about to stick it in the person who now stood in front of her ~ But to Monu's surprise her hand was held back, tightly.

Fear rose from within her and she dropped the knife, not dropped but it slipped right out of her hands. "K-kon ho tum" she stammered~ "Wow Rani Sahiba! You forgotten me this quick!"~ the man replied casually as he pressed a chuckle in between his lips looking at the terrified state of the poor girl in front of him.

"K-Karan?" Monami uttered as she pulled her phone out of her pocket and shone the flashlight directly on his face. Karan left her hand and turned his head away, "what are you doing?!" he said as he rubbed his eyes.

Monami: O-Oh hi Karan, sorry- I was just making sure it's you...But anyways tum yahan kya kar rahe ho? she asked as she sighed a breath of relief-

Karan: Mein? Uh woh um t-tum kaafi derr se gayi hui thi na so we figured you were lost...And someone had to come get you! he lied, in no way was he going to tell her that he'd been behind her the entire time she'd been cursing him and worrying herself.

Monami: Oh..

Karan cleared his throat, "Aab chale, yah puri raat yahan par hi rehne ka plan hai?"

Monami: Ch-Chalo...she replied and both of them started walking towards the academy together, the rest of the clan had already gone too far and would reach at least half an hour before them, it was just Karan and Monami now, two exes. alone. at night. in the middle of a deep forest, soooo normal and common that was right?

Karan retained a stoic face and looked straight ahead, in no way was he going to start a conversation with her now, he knew she'd ask questions he didn't have answers to. There was an awkward silence in between them, Monami and Karan both couldn't help themselves from stealing glances of each other every few seconds. Their hand's brushed against each others.

Oos ki boondein jaise pighle, Dil yeh pighalta hai
Dekhe tumhe jab ek na maane, Tujh mein hi kho tha hai

They stopped in their tracks and stared deep into each other's orbs, reliving their past beautiful memories together, how they fell in love and confessed~ their happiness and smiles. But thinking of the past also brought back sad memories, Monami turned her gaze away from Karan and they both turned their backs to face each other, trying to compose themselves.

Palkein jhuke saansein ruke, Jab tu kareeb aa jaye
Jaaniye dil tu ne chua hai, sau martabaa

"Eeehhh" Monami screeched as he held onto Karan's arm a minute later, "Kya hua?" he asked. "L-look" she said in a quiet voice. Karan looked in the direction she was pointing and saw two dots glowing in the dark. He faintly smiled looking at his Rani's Sahiba's panic stricken face and her firm hold on his arm.

Daastan jo likhon apni, Paane rang jayenge reshmi
Saath agar tu chal de mere, Har safar hojai haseen
Aaaaa....

Karan's arms went around her waist and he lifted her up in his arms, while she stared at him wide-eyed but still, her arms went around his nape. Karan looked straight ahead and started walking towards the nearest road with her in his arms, Monami felt the butterflies in her stomach reviving.

Kyun tham gaya hai, Yeh lamha darmiyaan
Iss lamhe tu khul ke jee le zara
Chu le jo tu dil ko sakoon, Hosh bhi ghum hojaye
Jaaniye....dil tu ne chua hai, sau martabaa
Ooooo...

It was dark but still, Monami's gaze was glued to Karan's face and a smile lingered on his lips, both of them felt a peace in their hearts they hadn't felt in a long time. Neither Monami nor Karan uttered a single word the entire way, Karan carried her until they were at the roadside, from there they took a taxi to the academy, it was already pretty late.

Once they reached the academy, Karan headed inside without saying a word to her but Monami was determined to figure out why he was ignoring her, they hadn't even ended on that bad of a note.

//To Be Continued//

===========

Thanks for reading! Please do drop in your views. 💖Alsooo Jaaniye from YRKKH bcuz I'm obsessed w that song 😌Do listen to it if you haven't already, I've added it in the media box :)

Alsoooo, I would really appreciate if ya'll could take some time and vote for Ishk Par Zor Nahi on this website: https://a7sanmosalsal.com/

Lots of love and stay safeeee ❤️

~ Vera 🌸