🖇 (6-Shot) All I've Ever Wanted ~ 1

Hiii Guyss!!! It's Vera here, here's an idea that I got from some random clip of a Turkish show that was on my fyp lol. Hope ya'll like it!

Please do let me know how it was, feedback is greatly appreciated! 💖

================

Monami sat on the edge of her bed with tears continuously streaming down her face while she held a cotton card-stock wedding invitation. It was all too much, things had fallen downhill pretty quick."People are most alive when they are in love" was what she'd always heard, but what no one had told her was how much pain came when that same love went away. 

"Prerna weds Karan" she murmured as she threw the card on the stool in front of her. Monami grabbed her phone and dialled the number of someone she trusted most in the world, Siddarth Ganju, her only family. 

"Monu, all good? Tu theek hai?" Sid said as he waited for her to answer, he'd only heard her sob for the past minute. 

"Woh-woh shaadi kar raha hai Sid" she wept. Sid sighed, he'd heard the news from Sanjana and had also asked her to warn Karan to not trouble Monami with the news. 

"T-Tujhe kaise pata?" he asked. 

Monami turned her head and glanced towards the card she'd thrown on the foot-rest, "Mujhe apni shaadi mein invite kiya hai, I got the wedding card".

Sid covered a gasp with the palm of his hand, he couldn't believe the audacity Karan had. "After all he has put Monami through he still hasn't had enough!" he thought as anger arose within him. 

He remained quiet for a few minutes while he could hear his best friend cry, it angered him. He didn't want her to ignore it anymore, like he'd advised her previously. It was time to face things and move on from the entire mess Karan had created for her. 

Sid: Monami! Stop crying! He isn't worth it! Tu pichle ek saal se uss ke liye roe rahi hai, you've made your life miserable! All for what huh? It's time to leave it all behind and move on!

Monami remained quiet as she listened. Sid continued, "Dekh bro, tu mujhpe bharakna mat but...I think you should go".

Monami wiped her tears, "Tu pagaal hai kya Sid! I can't! He just wanted me to know he's getting married, he probably doesn't want me to come"

Sid: Why do you care what he wants? Tujhe card bheja matlab you're invited! Go and show him that you don't care, shayad tu iss saab ke baad move on kar pai...

After receiving no response from Monami Sid sighed, "Okay fine bro, don't go - I just thought ke-"

"I'll go" Monami said cutting him off. "I'm done grieving, I will go" she repeated. 

Sid smiled, "Yeh ki na tu ne meri Monu wali baat, I'll come too and I'll see you there okay?" 

Monami said goodbye to Sid and ended the call. She took a deep breath and walked over to her closet, she took her suitcase out and started packing. "Iss shaadi ke baad I'll forget him, this may be the only thing that'll make me move on completely" she said to herself. 

 - - -

In the beginning, Monami and Karan's relationship seemed like it was straight out of a fairytale, the perfect "GrumpyxSunshine" trope. No one except Sanju, Faizi, and Sid knew about their relationship in the academy so they took full advantage of experiencing a secret romance with sneaking hugs & kisses here and there and quietly sneaking out of the academy for date nights. 

But no relationship is perfect and Monami's fantasy all ended one gloomy, rainy day. Karan had gone out for a "mission", without informing Monami, something that was rare on its own. The only person who had known was the guard who'd seen him leave. 

She'd called him, had left several texts and voice notes but he hadn't even replied to one. After hearing nothing from him for an entire day, worry eating her from the inside, Monami convinced Sanjana and Sid to accompany her to go look for Karan. 

Just as they were about to head out the door Faizi stopped them, showing Monami the text he'd received from Karan, "I'll be back tomorrow morning, don't come looking for me". 

Disappointment could be detected from Monami's face from miles away but she was at-least relieved over the fact that Karan was safe. 

The next morning Monami got up at 5am, it wasn't like she could sleep the entire night anyways. She got dressed and waited patiently in the hallway, the clock kept ticking but there was still no sign of Karan. 

Then at 8am she finally heard the door open and Karan enter, she ran towards him and pulled Karan into a tight hug but he didn't reciprocate, just stood there like a statue - But Monami was too preoccupied to notice. 

Breaking from the hug, she cupped his face, "Karan! Where were you?! Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?! Why didn't you reply to any of my calls & texts!? I was so worried!" she said all in one go. 

Karan averted his gaze from her face, he cleared his throat and removed her hands from his face, "M-Monami, I have an urgent meeting with Mr. Batra, I'll talk to you later", he said and even though he wasn't looking at her, he could still sense the sadness and disappointment. 

In that instant Monami knew something big was about to happen between them, she could feel the distance that he'd put between them. "But why?" 

She was right after-all, something big did happen, in the worst possible way. After his meeting with Mr. Batra, Karan rushed to his room and an hour later came out with his packed luggage. 

Lots of questions arose but Karan dismissed them all as quickly as he could and left the academy. Monami followed him outside as she chanted his name repeatedly but he didn't pay any heed to her. 

She sprinted towards him and caught his arm forcing him to stop, "Karan!" she said loudly. "What the hell are you doing?! Kya hogaya hai tumein ek dum se!?" she questioned. 

Karan put his suitcase in the back of his jeep and turned towards Monami, he looked at her face but couldn't look into her eyes, he knew one look in her eyes and it would all end. Karan cleared his throat and prepared himself to say the hardest possible thing he'd ever said in his life. 

"Monami, I think we should stop"

"S-stop what?"

"Us. Being together...We're done" his voice cracked. 

Monami's heart dropped, "wh-what? w-why? kya hua h-hai Karan" tears filled her eyes. 

"Sometimes things don't work out. And us, being two completely different people, we were never going to work out anyways....I'm sorry" and with that he sat in his car and left.

Monami couldn't comprehend what had happened, one day they're happy and in-love and the next he loses feelings? She had way too many questions and complaints that Karan had to attend to. 

Monami dropped to the ground and her vision blurred with tears as she saw him drive away...and that was the last time she ever saw him in-person. 

 - - -

Monami bought the first plane tickets that were available to Delhi and left for the airport in an Uber later that night. This was it, she'd be free and less burdened when she'd see Mumbai again. 

She gazed towards the sky and asked her mom to protect her and hoped for the best as she begun her journey towards Delhi. Towards where he was. 

//To Be Continued//

===================

Thank-you for reading! Please do drop in your views. Also, I haven't read any MoRan stories in a long while so please lmk if this is similar to anyone's story, I'll change it or take it down! 💜

Suggestions are always welcome 💫

Lot's of love and stay safeee! ❤️

~ Vera 🌸