Chapter 3:

The group finally arrived at their barracks. Alex led them in before walking over to the corner of the room and dumping his bags on the nearest bunk.
Alex knew that it was only a matter of time before people would ask him questions. He just hoped that they would get over it quickly and not ask too many incriminating questions.
*Time Skip*
Everyone was now settled into their home for the week and were sitting around a table. Well almost everyone.
Alex could feel them staring at him. He was sat on his bunk looking over a mission report he had to sign regarding his experiences with Scorpia. He signed his name and put the report away.
"What do you want to know?" He asked aloud speaking to no one in particular. The teenagers turned around shocked that Alex knew that they had been talking about him when he hadn't moved in the last half hour.
"Why did you leave school early?" Someone asked trying to break the awkward silence. Alex thought for a minute before responding "I was offered a full time job working here and it meant I had to leave early to get here before the new recruits arrived."
"What exactly is your job here?" A brunette girl asked. "My job is to work here as a senior leader with K-Unit to train the new recruits." Alex replied  simply with a tone that showed he didn't want to say anymore on the subject. The teenagers went back to their conversations obviously discussing the new information Alex had given them.
Tom stood up and walked over to his best friend.
"Why didn't you tell me? For all I know you could have gone on a life threatening mission. You could even have died and I wouldn't have known!" Tom whisper shouted at Alex. He seemed on the verge of tears. "I'm sorry." Alex muttered. "I just didn't want to keep interrupting your life with all my problems. You would have been better off if you never knew me!" Alex looked like he was going to break down any second. He couldn't lose Tom! He was all he had left but he didn't want to put his best friend through the pain of not knowing where he was or if he was even alive. Tom would be in danger because he knew him.
With that thought in his head Alex turned and walked out of the cabin.
*Alex's POV*
I needed to get out of there. I couldn't be friends with Tom anymore. I can't risk putting him in danger by knowing me. I need to clear my head.
I walked around aimlessly for a few minutes before accidentally walking to the shooting range. There was a gun on a table in the corner. This was perfect! It would be the perfect way to clear my head and release my anger. I picked up the gun and walked over to the shooting range.
I fired six shots at the target. They all hit the target in the same place making one large hole in the centre. I hated my instinctive shooting it just reminded me of the training I went through at Scorpia.
Then I heard a noise behind me..
*Tom's POV*
What just happened! I didn't realise how worried Alex was. He's my best friend and he always will be no matter if it will put me in danger!
Then I saw that everyone was staring at me. I realised they had just witnessed Alex walk out of the room on the verge of tears after talking to me for five minutes. That's not good. I need to go find Alex!
(A/N - Thank you for reading my story so far. Hope you have a good day)