│ xi. THE KISS OF THE PAST

THE FORGE — nwh-post( ASHLEE'S VERSION )

( ASHLEE'S VERSION )

SHE IS AN EXPLOSION AND she is about to detonate

SHE IS AN EXPLOSION AND she is about to detonate. She can feel her stomach rising with toxins. Her mind, along with her body in a whole is queasy. Her world is gone. Her sense of reality crushed into a single day. She is nothing more than a chewed up and spat out piece gum on the ground of the populous New York. She is a tourist in the city she has loved; defended her whole life. Her world is torn beneath her feet without warning.

Her metropolis was falling right in front of her eyes. The world of false reality began to elope onto the ground under her. The feeling she only received when in Wakanda began to grow in her chest. Heartbeat racing; mind running. She can't help but feel as if she's been played by the prayers she's made. Margaret had always been someone to count her blessings. The days she should've cursed the sky and blamed deities for mistakes, she kept every complaint inside her mind. She let it overtake her because she always knew someone had it worse.

Someone will always have a change that becomes their whole sense of living. She remembers the exact moment everything changed for her; when the grasp reality held on itself became a crumble mistakes gathering up until they fled. The woman's body was crumbling into itself for the exhaustion of a battle long fought was beginning to weigh on her shoulders. When Bucky became nothing more than ash, she could've sworn she would've followed. She wished she would've followed. But, she didn't. The world around her fell. All Margaret could do was watch. She had witnessed first hand Thanos snapping. She had seen Vision laying dead, his lover gone to the snap.

Margaret grew a fanasty from the very same ash her friends became. Whilst always closer with Shuri, Okoye and her became closer once the siblings of Wakanda were gone to a snap. The dark-skinned woman was the one to tell Margaret to sleep; remind her to eat; and to knock her out when she refused to sleep. Okoye was the only thing keeping Margaret from joining those loss. Once a vibrant woman of colors so bright they could paint the rainbow by hand, Margaret became a shell of her old self. She would rarely laugh, smiles were a currency she couldn't afford. She knew one thing: reversing the effects of the snap.

It was only when the endgame e̶n̶d̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶ occurred that her blessings began to evaporate.

Her research over the span of five years was more than helpful to assist in bringing back those loss. After a few weeks, someone who resembled a brother in her eyes died to her hands. And only a short time following, she received news one of her closest friends in the Avengers had left for the past; getting the opportunity to live the life he longed for.

Everyone she had ever cared for was beginning to leave her for loss. Wanda: missing. Steve: the past. Natasha: dead. Tony: dead. Stephen: a world of his own. Shuri: wakanda. Okoye: wakanda.

She remained in a world she built by fanasty. She was the woman frozen, loving in a world built of delusion. Her apartment had not been touched in five years, nearly six. But, she remained to pay for it over the time. And, with many of the residents missing from the building, they let her.

Returning to her old home was a moment of realization that Margaret was no hero. She wasn't a savior. She was a murderer. Her hands had shaken by her side as she hid away everything that reminded her of the past she lived and built up the life she dreamt of as a child. Her white suit was replaced with a white doctoral coat. Her swords became scalpels. The only power she ever used was her teleportation and that only occurred when she needed to.

And now, we'll know it was all gone. Every sacrifice she made as Halo now loss to another world she wasn't even sure she existed in anymore. Would they remember the hero of New York? The woman who saved the life of Clint Barton when he was bleeding out?

The snap didn't occur on his world.

The avengers didn't exist in his world.

There was a ticking inside her mind as New York spun around her. Surely this could not be happening. Stephen Strange was very clear on what would happen. She should be on her world helping her Peter Parker. She should not be on an earth she had never been graced upon.

Being so lost into her own mind, she had barley taken notice of the ringing in her pocket. She had almost forgotten she had grabbed her phone leaving her home this morning. With a shaky hand, Margaret picked it up and answered with a stutter, "h-hello?"

"Oh my goodness!" A chirpy voice spoke up from the other side. "MJ, let me tell you what your brother fucking did. Now I know your all 'oh he's not that bad' but he literally just broke up with Ellie! Ellie! I always knew she was too freakin' good for that jerk oh I just want to-"

"I need help." Margaret told the person on the other side. She had not known the chirpy voice. She didn't know the owner. But, she was saved onto Margaret's phone as 'Toni' and a photo of a woman who mated the voice perfectly had been the profile photo. Surely the other Margaret trusted her enough.

The sound of ruffling came from the other side of the phone, "okay, tracking you now... what is it? A robbery, ooh- is it problems with the bug-boy?"

Margaret sighed, "neither of those, actually. Look, Cecelia, can you give me your address?"

"Ugh- rude. To think we've been friends for years." She scoffed, feigning an annoyed look though she knew her friend wouldn't have the opportunity to see. Her phone once again buzzed with an address. "There ya' go, MJ. Is uh, is everything okay?"

"I'm not sure yet, Toni. But, you know who I am right?" Margaret asked, crossing her fingers as she walked to an abandoned alleyway.

"Yes, you're Halo. Did you get drunk again?

She nodded to herself at the woman's knowledge. "I'm not drunk. Okay, okay. I'm going to your house. I'm teleporting there so be ready."

"You can tele-" Toni was cut off by Margaret hanging up the phone. The woman felt like her knees were going to become air. In that moment, Margaret couldn't help but feel as if she was once again in Wakanda watching as her friends became ash.

However, she knew she needed to know one thing before she could solve the role her life was beginning to fall into. Where was Peter Parker?

ASHLEE SPEAKS!

HI HERE IS THIS I AM NOT MAKING ANOTHER BOOK IM JUST DOING THIS