│ xix. A CHRISTMAS KISS

THE FORGE — nwh-post( ASHLEE'S VERSION )

( ASHLEE'S VERSION )

A MIND IS ONLY WHAT ITS USER ALLOWS IT TO BE

A MIND IS ONLY WHAT ITS USER ALLOWS IT TO BE. And damn was Margaret Thompson putting a hold on her own. Every moment had begun to resolve around leaving this earth and alas each time she brought herself to do so, she came up empty handed. That was until she tapped into her thoughts and was able to speak with the previous sorcerer supreme: the ancient one

On top of that, she had nearly forgotten that the following day was Christmas. So, on Christmas Eve, she was forced to search three stores to find things for Toni and Peter. She was sure they were doing the same. Though, Toni admitted she already had something for MJ so she had told herself she would just give it to Margaret instead.

After an hour of searching, she had discovered nearly perfect gifts for her two friends. Because Margaret looked nothing like MJ-Margaret, she had to use Toni's credit card for her bank wouldn't let her take out her own money. She was sure that the hundred dollars removed from her bank wouldn't be anything else but a dime for Toni. Margaret would've — especially considering the large amount of dough in Toni's bank — bought them more than a mug with her face on it ( for both of them ) and a few other Knick knacks. However, in her defense the mugs with her face on them were only 25 bucks a piece: a steal!

Though, no matter how many presents she bought, the woman could only bring up a small amount of Christmas joy. She missed flash and she missed Peter and she missed Tony and she missed Shuri and Wanda. She missed everyone. She wanted to take early morning shots with Tony and she wanted Shuri to make fun of her Christmas pajamas with little reindeer on them. Peter and Toni were amazing, though. Peter had helped Margaret around after she had made a crack on entering her earth with the Ancient One. He refused to not be by her side at nearly all times. So much so, he had almost blindly followed her into the bathroom. Toni was a constant help at defusing the heavy tension, and she proved to be rather useful when it came to the equipment they needed.