EPILOUGE

THE FORGE — nwh-post( ASHLEE'S VERSION )

( ASHLEE'S VERSION )

THE FORGE — nwh-post( ASHLEE'S VERSION )

MARGARET LOVED PETER PARKER. And no, she was not referring to her attractive-Peter the world tore her away from. She referred to Peter Parker, the one that the whole world forgot existed. Peter was her brother — of course, Flash would always be her biological brother. Those who stayed in the same sac always would be. But, Peter Parker didn't need to be the same blood as her for her to know they had a sibling connection.

She wanted to protect him.

But, she also didn't think she could ever say the word 'Peter' without remembering the man she so easily fell into love with. Peter was a new breath of air, a lullaby her mother never sang. He was new, he was true. And he was gone.

The morning of her awakening, she found herself in the same old apartment building she had lived in for so long. It did not take long after woke for her emotions to crash down.

Margaret had cried. She had cried so hard upon looking out her window and not seeing Toni's apartment building. The large building that had covered the land previously was now just other pointless structures not helping the overcrowding in her beloved city. Everything looked so empty without her place.

She had cried as her suit was missing the piece vibranium now in three bracelets. Three different pieces of unbreakable metal now torn across the multiverse.

She had cried because she saw the news and Spider-Man swung.

No one remembered Peter Parker.

No one remembered her Peter Parker.

Margaret threw up immediately after crying as she had just traveled dimensions and it truly was not an easy feat for anyones stomach. She didn't even try to stomach what Peter would have felt as he was not an avid teleporter as she was.

Margaret was back to help Peter.

But she had one last stop to make.

.🕸.

Wakanda was so beautiful. Margaret was never able to truly appreciate the country's beauty. Everytime she had gone there it was only for the worst reasons. But, alas, she stood on the soil of the ground amazed by everything the country held. Upon her arrival - she had taken a Stark jet provided by a joyful Pepper and a playful Morgan - the guards of Wakanda had noticed her quickly. More so, Okoye.

"Margie." She smiled, breaking her guard and hugging Margaret tightly.

The brunette rested her head on the woman's shoulder, "Okoye. It is ever the wonderful to see you again."

Okoye relished in the familiar woman's sent before they broke apart. She rose an eyebrow, evaluating the woman in front of her. "I suppose you are here for a certain reason? It is not every day an avenger shows up in Wakandan soil." She paused, "unless the world is ending again. For both of our sakes, let me pray that is false."

Margaret chuckled slightly, "can I not come visit my friends?"

"No." She replied.

"Oh." She muttered. "Well, I do have reason for being here. Uh- it's better discussed in private. Do you know where Shuri is?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow.

Okoye gave the woman a signal to follow her, once again swiping Margaret from keeping her eyes on the beauty of Wakanda. She followed quickly, not wanting to be left behind.

As they walked, Margaret reached down to her hand. She had been so worried to try her bracelet, she had barley touched it. Her eyes shut with a sharp intake of air. The bracelet was beginning to yell just for a single message, buzzing through her veins for a touch of the multiverse.

Without a thought, Margaret touched her thumb to the bracelet, a ding echoing around the room. She sighed contently.

Then it buzzed.

Buzzed with error.

The screen meant to display glew a mocking red, it laughed in her face as she went through every emotion spreading through her veins.

She had no way to contact
Peter and Toni.

They were gone forever.

THE FORGE
PUBLISHED ON DECEMBER 26, 2021
COMPLETED ON FEBRUARY 28, 2022

WRITTEN BY
-crushcuiture

To the end of all the Peter's!