chapter 12.

her
          "so, what's going on with you, and camilo, hm?" mirabel hummed, nudging you in the arm.

the four of you were making your way out of antonio's room. bruno, and camilo were trailing behind a couple meters giving mirabel the perfect chance to ask—maybe tease—about the sudden closeness between her cousin, and friend.

you sputtered, head snapping to look at mirabel's smug expression, "what are you talking about?"

"oh please. don't play dumb, that's so cliché," she said, rolling her eyes before gesturing to her glasses, "i'm not that blind. i can tell somethings going on between you two,"

a nervous laugh itched your throat as you looked around, trying to avoid eye contact with the prying girl, "i—don't actually know, i mean, i guess—"

"so you do!" mirabel squealed—a bit too loud. your eyes widened, and your body stiff. signing to her to keep it down with a flick of your hand.

the two of you looked over your shoulders to see the boy's that accompanied you a few feet away, taking a pause in their small talk as they looked at you, and mirabel questionably. you brushed it off with an apologetic smile.

"don't do that!" you whisper yelled, smacking your friend's arm with the back of your hand lightly.

          "mirabel, she's your sister, it will be easy. just be honest with her," you prepped. mirabel was having second thoughts about confronting the relationship she had with isabela, but it was the fate of the miracle in the end, and the girl had no choice but to suck it up.

bruno had disappeared once again, going back to his abode in the walls, leaving mirabel, you, and camilo out in the halls. you'd all heard the calls of mirabel's name—the rest of the madrigals were looking for her. you'd gotten worried at some point about if they would realize camilo was gone too, but he eased your worries by saying they probably thought he was out looking for your friend as well.

"you're right," mirabel huffed, a determined look etching across her face, "wish me luck,"

you smiled at her as she strutted her way to her sister's door. you turned to the boy next to you, at the moment, there was nothing else you both could do. it was in mirabel's hands now, so all you could think of was make sure no one else got suspicious of your friend's doings before she repaired her relationship.

"come," camilo said, tugging on a bunched piece of your shirt. you obliged not asking any questions as he led you towards his room, "you've never seen my room before have you?" he questioned.

you nodded, confirming his words. he opened the glowing door, revealing the interior as you stepped inside—him holding the door behind you like the 'gentleman' he is.

the room was much different than his siblings, and cousin's—not like you had seen all of them, though you had gotten a peek of isabela's in the past—however it was almost as equally big. the vibe seemed to be a mix of a funhouse, and theatre. all kinds of mirrors, big, and small littered the walls with beautiful frame work made out of rich woods, and metals in different patterns. the floor was carpeted with a deep red colour, and big spotlight lamps hung from corners of the ceiling—they all seemed to shine into the 'main' part of the room where his bed was, halted up onto a platform. you found the back was a bit eerie as light failed to shine, and it kinda faded into blackness, but you didn't take much mind to it.

"that's a lot of mirrors," you noted as you stepped in front of a body-length one.

"indeed,"

you snickered as you saw him stand next to you in the mirror, observing himself, "self-absorbed aren't you?" his eyes flashed to your's, a smirk gaining way on his face.

"why wouldn't someone be if they were as handsome as i," he mused with his chin up. you scoffed, rolling your eyes.

"yeah, yeah, keep telling yourself that," you shrugged.

camilo's eyebrows furrowed as he pouted in annoyance, not satisfied with your opinion on him, and his looks, "you do not think i am handsome, hermosa?" he said with a sly tone.

rosiness painted your cheeks, it could've been mistaken for the flu. you hummed teasingly, looking back at him as he waited for your response.

though you couldn't before concerning commotion rang from the foyer of casita.

previous thoughts vanished as you looked at camilo in worry for some type of clarification on what was happening, but he was just the same as you, looking towards his door where the noise was coming from before looking over to you. he nodded his head towards the exit, willing the both of you to check it out. you followed him out without question.

i swear i'm trying to finish this damn book before i go back to school, but it starts in two days T.T