A/n

I'm sorry but so much has been happening lately.
Tw: Vent?

So I went to Kazakhstan for holidays. I went to petropavlosk by train from the capital which took 6 hours, kinda slept the whole way there hsjshsj.
Everything was great, I was staying at a relative's house. Then two weeks later I took the same train back to the capital. There was a restaurant inside the train so I went there with my mother, while we were eating she told me about how there were demonstrations in Almaty about fuel prizes and that it had gotten a little out of hand. Apparently they had closed all Wi-Fi in Almaty to prevent the news from spreading. Keep in mind I had a friend from Almaty that I had just recently gotten to know on discord but I rlly liked him since he was interesting and kinda stood out to me from the rest of the group chat I met him in.

We arrived in Nur sultan which is the capital where a relative picked us up. We then got told about how the whole entire country was in lockdown and we couldn't go outside after 11 pm nor before 7 am or else we would get a huge fee, also Wi-Fi had been shut down in the entire country. This had all happened so fast so I didn't know how to react so it took me some time to actually understand the current situation.

We visited the relative's house where there were 3 kids. I am friends with one of them as I am born 1-2 years before her. The mother showed me videos of what was going on in Almaty, they were now shooting and burning everything. Destroying everything in their sight. They were talking in a different language and we quickly figured out that it was a huge group of people that weren't from here that were attacking. I was terrified at what was happening and scared that my friend wasn't alive. When we were driving on our way to the apartment they lived in there were lots of military cars everywhere incase a war would start here as well. We went to sleep at a hotel the first night but I didn't sleep before 4 am because I was crying, worried about my friend.

The next day we packed our bags and decided to stay at the relative's house before we were planning on going on a flight the same day. When the relative picked us up he told us about how they had burnt the bank in Almaty, airplanes, the airport as well along with many stores and houses. Our flight was from Almaty and had already been burnt meaning we didn't really know what to do.

My mother drove with the relative to a report center or smt to find more out, there were now tanks everywhere. All flights had been cancelled until the 14th of January. My mother was now pissed off because of all this.

They only use cash here, you can't pay with card in Kazakhstan as it is unusual and most likely a scam. They had closed the mini banks so we couldn't take money off our card so we were low on cash. My mother ended up putting all of her frustration on me and kept yelling at me as if it was my fault this war had started and told me she couldn't care less if my friend was dead. She does this often and I was supposed to live with my father a long time ago.

Well we found 2 working mini banks after a while but there was a huge crowd around them since everyone was struggling. It had now been confirmed that every store in Almaty had been destroyed. It was also quiet there and no citizen was to be seen, they were either dead, hiding or had managed to escape. War had also erupted in the nearby cities in the south.

Later on I hear that Russia had sent troops over to Almaty to help out.

Yesterday they won the war with help from Russia, China (I think?) Belarus, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and Armenia. But I still hadn't heard from my friend and I don't think he's going to talk on discord for a while since he's probably traumatized. My mother had also been saying that I was terrified to random ppl as if I was a victim of some sort? She didn't give shit about me and only wanted attention for herself by using me. I sent my friend my number incase he wants to call me. I really want to get out of this hell hole and take a break from her.

So yeah i'll try writing more here when I can. Sorry for being inactive as I haven't had Wi-Fi🥲