Chapter 7 - Hope and Despair

Ochaco POV

"About 6 years ago, there was an attack on a house in a rural street," he said. "It was only a mother and child, the results were that both disappeared. However, the mother was confirmed dead as her clothes were left behind with enough leftover skin cells to show that Chisaki killed her on the spot," he continued. "A close friend of the family investigated it for years in hopes of getting information on the culprit, eventually she did find something."

An image of paper with a logo drawn on it was now on screen, "this was found in one of the rooms of the victims." Everyone paused for a bit, then Nighteye spoke up again, "the mother was listed as having a telekinesis quirk, it's quite possible she wrote this before her death. It's the emblem of the Shie Hassaikai, therefore we can strongly say that the incident is linked to them."

"The boy was listed under name Izuku Midoriya, his quirk is called Flame forge, it lets him conjure weapons made of green fire. With no weakness," he said. The pro hero from before then spoke again, "this would make sense with that grenade."

For some reason, that name seemed familiar to me.

"Correct, therefore this mission consists of saving the 2 children, Izuku and Eri," Sir Nighteye concluded.

Mirio stood up, "This time I will save Eri and Izuku!" he proclaimed. Then we all headed outside.

For the Shie Hassaikai raid.

Izuku POV

It's now been 2 years since I've met Eri.

I know all about her, and she knows everything about me, together we are siblings.

There would also be times where I felt a short pulse in my lungs, I hated it because it meant that a grenade was used. It would only harm living beings, and not affect still ones, as Overhaul forced me to make them so.

"I did it! I met someone else!" Eri jumped into my arms. "I'm pretty sure he's a hero!" She was eccentric. "Good, maybe now we have a chance to get you out," I told her.

"Stop that! You're also coming with me! I need... my brother," she burst into tears. I couldn't stop her for once, how could I? She just experienced hope, and so did I.

I wouldn't mind if I stayed here if she could leave, I was already broken and can barely remember my past that I had to suppress in hopes of winning at Nemoto's "game."

Over the next few days, we showed resilience to the torture, until the day where I heard it.

*CRASH*

Eri wasn't with me yet, but I glued myself to the door to listen. "What the?" I heard a voice.

Nothing happened for a bit but then suddenly the entire cell was like a liquid, with waves going everywhere.

"W-WOAH!" I yelled as I got thrown around, with some bad hits to the head sometimes, "owww..."

Some more time passed and nothing happened until the entire room caved in. "AH!" I screamed and ran to the door.

I made a grenade, because that was the only thing I could make, and blew it open.

I looked around and only saw a deserted hallway, I ran and ran.

I followed crashing noises until I saw Eri... walking towards... a bird monster? Wait no... Overhaul?

Why would she do that?! I start to cry when I realize her good nature is getting the better of her.

I ran into the opening and yelled out.

"ERI! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"

Eri POV

I have to go to him, I don't want to kill anybody! I don't want to kill the heroes, I don't want to kill my brother!

"Eri, don't go!" said the hero with the big number on his chest, he had a spike hurled through his torso.

I took 2 more steps forward before I was stopped with one more voice.

"ERI! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"

I turned to see my brother, with tears in his eyes.

He's crying, why would my brother cry? I'm protecting them, aren't I?

"W-why would y-you... go back?" he said. "Did you lose hope? Did I make you lose hope?"

I stayed in disbelief at what he said... until a massive spike whizzed by my head. "SHUT UP!" he yelled.

"AAAHH!" screamed my brother, the spike just cut through the right side of his chest.

"BROTHER!" I started running towards him, and he yelled "Get back here!" but was stopped by the man with the big number on his chest.

"I'm not done yet Chisaki!" he yelled.