Chapter 18 - The End

Eri POV

It's been a few hours and so far no one has come in. When I approached the door, I just heard faint voices, "I can't understand what that damn birdman wrote here."

"Is she cute?!?! I really wanna see! I want to try her blood!"

"Calm down both of you, we don't understand the documents fully, but we need that girl in top shape."

Is she me? Am I that girl? I don't know what to do!

"Brother..." I was talking to myself.

"Brother.."

"Please save me..."

"Izuku..."

...

"DRAGON DEMISE"

What was that? Did I hear something? It sounded like my brother!

Then the room felt a little warm, I closed my eyes and opened them again. The green fire was coming through the wall and approached me, I didn't budge.

I knew this was my brother's fire, it won't hurt me. My brother is too kind, I couldn't believe that it would hurt me.

As I felt the soothing embrace of the fire, I stepped forward through the hole that the fire came from.

As I stepped out, I was falling, but in slow motion. I moved slightly and fell through the fire to a person I knew was there.

I came out of the fire and was caught in the air, the warm arms could never fool me, I was saved... by my brother.

"Eri... I will not fail you again, you will be safe with me," he said with a smile.

"GOD DAMNIT! THAT'S OUR ENTIRE HIDEOUT!" yelled the man who disintegrated my room's wall and who is covered in hands.

"Kurogiri prepare the portal! I don't want any more part of that stupid bird's shit!" he said.

"Yes, Master," responded the purple mist.

"We're leaving already..? But I want some hero bloood~" said a... high school girl?

"Heros are engaging in battle! Looks like our hands are full," said a magician.

"Ugh, I'm so angry! That brat over there started the fire, didn't he? Dabi, kill him."

"Yeah sure why not," said a man covered in scars.

He started walking towards us and held out his hand, Izuku did the same but there was a difference.

He was breathing heavily.

"Huf*, puf*, I... will... protect... You..!" said my brother as he tightened his grip.

"Look kid, I don't know who you are, but let's see who's flames are stronger," the scarred said with an eerie smile.

Flames erupted from either side, green against blue.

"Nice," said the scarred man.

My brother was now starting to cough, he can't hold on too long.

The blue was starting to overtake the green as fear was filling me, we won't hold on for much longer.

"This is the end kid," said the scarred man.

"Eri... Live"

"What?" I asked my brother... before he turned around and stood down covering me.

The blue fire overtook us, and he's now shielding me...? With his body!?

"Brother please... don't die," I was speaking with tears while Izuku only smiled.

The heat is overwhelming, I felt like I could pass out at any moment.

Then the scarred man stopped... and walked away.

As I looked curiously as to why he just stopped, Izuku collapsed.

"B-Brother? I-Izuku?"

...

Nothing.

"IZUKU!!!" I yelled in fear, Izuku isn't dead right?... Right? Right? Please... no...

Before I realized it, my horn grew. My quirk was acting up, "No... No! Not now! I can't... I can't... I can't get close."

'I can't hurt him'

What the?

'I can't hurt him'

Is this a memory? Why now?

'I can't hurt him, I can't hurt my brother.'

...

'I can't hurt him, I can't hurt my brother.'

It's true, no matter what happens, I can't hurt my brother with my quirk.

I gritted my teeth and stepped forward, I could feel my head shaking, but I ignored it and came closer.

I stepped down to my brother's face, I then held his arms.

"brother?"

...

...

"Hey white flower," said a smiling face.

"IZUKU!!!" I yelled and jumped into his arms as he stood up.

"I won't let you go... not again.."

THE END