Foolish Crew Band AU: Chapter 1 - You're Hired!

Socks' POV:

I sighed and collapsed in my seat. Things weren't looking up for my band. Our old manager quit for a new band, and we couldn't find a new one ANYWHERE. No one was willing to work for us. "Socks, what will we do?!" Meme asked. "I don't know," I answered. "Gee, because that's SO helpful!" Meme grumbled. "Shut up, Meme! Socks is trying his best to help this band, which, by the way, includes you!" Blaza scolded him. Meme sighed. "You're right. I'm sorry, Socks. It's just, we really need a new manager. Without it, we'll probably have to perform on the streets again!" Meme shuddered. "Those were hard times," Tbh sighed, tapping his drumsticks lightly on the table. "Although, that's how we found our manager in the first place!" Blaza exclaimed. "So, you're suggesting we go out in the dirty streets of New York City to find a manager?" Meme asked sarcastically. "Yep!" Blaza confirmed. "Thanks for the idea, Blaz, but Meme here clearly doesn't wanna go back to the streets," I told them. I was the lead singer of the band, and the oldest member of it. Meme played the lead guitar. Tbh played the drums, and Blaza played the rhythm guitar. "Also, Socks, weren't you looking for someone to play bass?" Meme asked. "Yes, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. We don't need another problem on our hands," I responded. "Seriously, guys, the pros of playing in the streets again are that we can perform in front of an audience, brighten up people's days, and find a new manager!" Blaza beamed.

"That's all true. But the cons are that people will yell at us and we probably WON'T find a manager!" I growled. "And don't even mention the bird poop," Tbh sighed. "Don't even let me get into that!" Meme muttered. "There must be some way to find a manager! Come on, guys. I know we're really not that big of a band, but having a manager would change our whole career," I persuaded. "We all basically quit being YouTubers to what, lose our manager and become failures?" Tbh shook his head. "I don't know, Socks. You're the leader here, AND you're the eldest. It's only fair we trust you with the group decisions." I guess that's true. "Okay. My conclusion is that... I need to take a walk. To reduce the stress. Right now." Before anyone could protest, I ran out the door. I sighed. How could I ever find a manager? Of course, there's the performing on the streets, but we're all traumatized from that experience. Putting up posters would qualify us as desperate. But now we have no manager, no music, no ideas, and if we continue to suffer the loss of a manager, no CAREER. And our content on YouTube has been an absolute train wreck. I was so distracted from all of the problems, the aftermath of it, and the outcomes that I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh, my gosh! I am so sorry!" I apologized. "No, it was my fault. I wasn't looking where I was going," they apologized. (I'm gonna start using they/them now) "These are the dirty, dirty streets of New York! I should truly be the one saying sorry!" I picked up all of their papers they dropped when I accidentally dropped them. And it was impolite and nosy of me to do this, but I snuck a glance at their papers. I looked at the person, and noticed they were wearing headphones. Music lover like, huh? "Wait! I recognize you! You're Socksfor1, used to be a YouTuber, but now you're the leader of a band! I love your music!" They squealed in excitement. "Oh, wow, thank you!" I smiled. "Definitely. And I hate to be rude, but when is your next song coming out?" They asked. "Probably never," I muttered. "Oh... Why?" They asked again. "Well, to put it simply, we don't have a manager. No manager, no music," I sighed. "That's such a shame.." They muttered sadly. Then their face lit up. "OMG! I know! I can be the manager!" 

"You? I appreciate the offer, but-" they interrupted me. "No, no! I have experience. I was a manager for another band, once. But I quit because I had to take care of a few friends, who were sick at the time," they explained. "Oh, wow. Thank you! Come with me, I can introduce you to the rest!" I exclaimed. "Wait! I get to meet FatMemeGod, TbhHonest, and Blaza Plays?! All the members of 'Foolish Riot?!' AND I get to be their manager?? Best day of my life!!" They screeched. "Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! Let's go!" I directed them all the way back to our apartment as they stared in awe. "This is wickedly awesome..." They commented. "Thank you! As a band, we tend to keep things a little... Messy," I admitted. "Oh! I don't mind. Like I said, I have experience. I'm used to the messy rooms, tour buses, etcetera, etcetera! Therefore, I have developed immunity to entomophobia," they explained. "Wow!" I smiled. "If you don't mind me asking, why did your old manager quit?" They asked. "Ah, that. I don't really know. He just left a note saying he's taking off to manage a new band. However, to make sure you're fit for the job, I'll see what the rest say," I explained. "Ohh, I'm sorry about that. But thank you," they grinned. "No need to be sorry. And no problem." 

I knocked on the door and Blaza opened this. "Hello, stranger," he greeted them. "Ah! Speaking of that, I never got your name!" I giggled. "No worries. My name is Y/n," they introduced. "Nice name! I'm Blaza!" Blaza grinned. "Yes! I know! I absolutely adore your guitar playing!" They complimented. "Hey, I play the guitar, too," Meme mumbled. "Yes! You do, and I love it. You deserve to be the lead," Y/n laughed. "And TbhHonest. Your drum playing is so... Majestic. It pulls me into another world where all I can hear is your amazing music. And of course, I can't forget the famous Socksfor1. Your singing is just so inspiring. No wonder you're the leader of your band! I really look up to you!"

"You're so nice!" Tbh complimented. "Aha, thank you! It means a lot to be called 'nice' by a rock star like you!" Y/n giggled. "And what you said about me really makes me feel good inside. Thanks, a lot!" Meme thanked them. "Of course!" They beamed. "And me! Thanks. Truly," Blaza smiled. "Mhm!" They grinned. "Can't forget me. I can tell you're gonna be an amazing manager already," I smiled. "Wait, they're our manager?!" Meme asked. "That's what I hope will turn out," Y/n giggled. "Well, you're awesome. So, I approve of you being our manager," Tbh beamed. "Wow! Thank you!!" Y/n gushed. "I gotta agree with Tb here. You seem pretty nice, and we've only known you for five minutes. Welcome to the Foolish Riot family!" Blaza smiled. "Oh, my God. You have no idea how much this means to me," Y/n spoke quickly. "You also have my approval. You'd make a great addition to our team, so Socks, you better choose them to be our manager," Meme laughed. "Well, by the looks of it, they'll definitely be our manager!" Socks grinned. "Oh, my gosh! You're kidding?!" Y/n asked in disbelief. "Nope. We're as serious as a heart attack!" Blaza grinned. "Whoa- That's dark," They remarked. "Heh, well you better get used to it!" Meme laughed. "Y/n, I hereby declare you as Foolish Riot's official manager! You're hired!" I declared. "THANK YOU! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH THIS MEANS TO ME! I'll try my best, and I'll never let you down!" They beamed confidently. "Well, thanks. Starting a few seconds ago, you are now an official Foolish Riot family member," I smiled.

word count: 1318

BRO THERE ARE SO LITTLE WORDS BUT I WANTED TO GIVE THE 3K SPECIAL ALREADY-

anyways I hope u like the au so far hehe- 

Have a great day even tho jts like 12am for me as I'm publishing this-