011. lab rats

XI. LAB RATS
"science was never my strong suit"

ISABELLA CERTAINLY DOES NOT EXPECT THE HUG from Peter, the youngest one that is, when the small group makes the way into the lab she's in

ISABELLA CERTAINLY DOES NOT EXPECT THE HUG from Peter, the youngest one that is, when the small group makes the way into the lab she's in. She's in shock for a few moments, before she returns the gesture and wraps her arms around him.

"How are you feeling?" Isabella asks softly when he pulls away, her hands on his shoulders as she looks into his eyes.

"I'm okay for now. I just need to do this, for May," Peter replies, a weak smile appearing on his face. "And, I'm sorry I left you at the building. When you didn't show up, I thought–"

"I'm fine, Peter. Absolutely fine,"

They're quick to get to work on the antidotes for the villains, each of them working on something different. Isabella gently flicks her fingers about as her hands shake, that overwhelmed feeling hitting her again. It's been a huge couple of days and it's finally taking a toll.

She can feel eyes on her as the golden mist-like magic swirls in the palm of her hand, a soft smile on her lips. There isn't much else she can really do at the moment, Isabella has never been good at science – it was probably one of her weakest subjects. It's strange because Gwen had been so good at it and even when she went into a detailed explanation, Isabella never understood.

"Is that natural?"

Isabella looks at the oldest version of Peter Parker and shakes her head lightly. "I was a science experiment,"

"I've never seen anything like that before,"

"That's probably a good thing. That Doctor Otto guy has caused enough trouble in your world already I'd imagine,"

"Yeah,"

This Peter has had his own run ins with Doctor Otto Octavius and those weird mechanical arms he has. That must also mean the sandman is from his world too, he seems a little less deranged on first glance but who knows. And Norman, Norman Osborn who had killed May, he was from his world too.

None of these villains are from the youngest Peter's world, this universe. She can only assume that there has been some weird people he's faced over the years, including Mysterio who she had seen on the screen that day. The constant replays of him outing Peter as Spider-Man, destroying a kid's life for his own gain – sounds like the man who did this to her except none of this is on Peter, she was partly to blame for her own spiral.

"So did you have a best friend too?" Ned is now questioning the oldest of the three as he tries to focus on his cure.

"I did. He died in my arms after he tried to kill me. Heartbreaking," The man replies and shock washes over Ned's face.

"Morbid," Isabella mumbles as she gets to her feet, admittedly getting slightly antsy.

Ned moves to his best friend as the brunette takes his seat, sitting between the two alternate Peters. Looking to her right, she smiles softly as she watches him in his lab coat which she'd seen him in many times before back home.